Daps
Reppin
New York City

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

What the actual fukk
FDNY came through and finished the mob hit :francis:

FDNY shutters Midtown migrant shelter for failing to provide adequate fire alarm system​

A total of 130 asylum-seekers were vacated from an emergency homeless shelter in Midtown for failing to provide an adequate fire alarm system, according to City Hall and a Fire Department notice posted to the shelter’s door.

About two dozen asylum-seekers from Senegal, Russia and Ukraine returned from work this week to find the doors locked at the former Touro College campus on West 31st Street in Manhattan and a notice citing the building for failing to provide an adequate fire alarm system.

“Asylum-seekers have undergone long and arduous journeys before arriving in New York City, and we are committed to keeping them safe while staying at emergency shelters,” Kayla Mamelak, a spokesperson for the Adams administration, said in a statement. “When identifying emergency sites, we work with agencies to ensure we are taking the proper fire protective measures.”

The FDNY referred all questions to City Hall, which said it had been working with the FDNY for months to keep the shelter open. It’s not clear why the shelter was closed before the men could be relocated.

Staff at the shelter told Demitri Taburkin that if he attempted to enter to collect his belongings, he would be arrested.

"I came in this evening and found out that I was kicked out," Taburkin said.

It was the second shelter closure in as many weeks by the FDNY. A Staten Island shelter was closed over safety concerns after residents held regular protests outside.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines

I’m guessing we file this under wishful thinking? Will Mayor Adams be turning the Grand Central, Belt, Eastern Parkway, and I think Ocean Ave into city parks? They just spent a lot of money paving and redesigning them so I’m a bit lost and I thought the immigrants took all the money… :rolleyes:

On a serious note every other day they roll out one of these under the radar press releases and it’s getting pretty unsettling. At face value this is good I’m sure they’ll plant some trees or whatever if they can find the money but I can imagine the rotten shyt they’re really up to

Last edited:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Eric Adams competition to the left is too liberal and his competition to the right are retards who won't admit Trump has caused massive damage to their party let alone the country.

He will win reelection quite easily

This City Council will hold on this election too but the next go around will be different

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Eric Adams competition to the left is too liberal and his competition to the right are retards who won't admit Trump has caused massive damage to their party let alone the country.

This City Council will hold on this election too but the next go around will be different
Bro no one has stood up and challenged him yet. Everything you said is an assumption or propaganda.

:comeon: Eric Adam’s ain’t shyt

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Bro no one has stood up and challenged him yet. Everything you said is an assumption or propaganda.

:comeon: Eric Adam’s ain’t shyt
@ExodusNirvana is the first person to become a radical centrist after being on HL for years to the point of just saying whatever. Ignore his political takes on NYC. Nobody likes Adams. If he wins, it will be because the left once again does not coalesce around a single candidate.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
@ExodusNirvana is the first person to become a radical centrist after being on HL for years to the point of just saying whatever. Ignore his political takes on NYC. Nobody likes Adams. If he wins, it will be because the left once again does not coalesce around a single candidate.
At no point did I ever support or say that Eric Adams is a good mayor

I'm simply stating the obvious

LOL @ ignore my political takes on NYC

I live here :russ:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop

He would’ve lost if progressives coalesced quicker. Plus he won with a slim margin, Garcia was right there:mjcry: