‘Mayans MC’: John Ortiz Cast In FX’s ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Spinoff Pilot

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
john-ortiz-2.jpg

Luck alum John Ortiz has booked a lead role in Mayans MC, Kurt Sutter’s Sons of Anarchy spinoff pilot for FX.

Set in the aftermath of Jax Teller’s death at the end of SOA’s seven-season run in 2014, Mayans MC will focus on the struggles of EZ Reyes, a prospect in the Mayan MC charter on the California/Mexico border. Ortiz will play Esai “Taino” Osorio, President of Mayans MC, Santo Padre Charter. A Mexi-Rican, he was born in the Bronx, then sent to Oakland to live with his cousin, Marcus Alvarez, founder and National President of Mayans MC. Like his cousin, he is as smart as he is deadly. Ortiz joins previously cast Clayton Cardenas and Edward James Olmos.

Mayans MC was co-created by Sutter and Elgin James. Sutter is set to executive produce and direct the pilot; James is co-executive producer for Fox 21 TV Studios and FX Prods.

Ortiz’s credits include co-starring roles in Fox’s comedy-drama Rake and HBO’s Togetherness, and a recurring on TBS’ upcoming anthology comedy series The Guest Book. In features, he probably is best known for the Fast & Furious franchise.

‘Mayans MC’: John Ortiz Cast In FX’s ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Spinoff Pilot

Apollo

Music & Arts
Daps
Reppin
Nootropics
If it was one season only I might have an interest in this otherwise Sutter can take his poorly written fukkery elsewhere.:camby:

One thing that you can look forward to when the show starts is mexicans walking around with Mayan MC shirts like white people do with the Sons of Anarchy shirts.:comeon:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Luck - now that was a show with potential...

This, though? :scusthov:

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Definitely don't want to see a show all about Mexicans riding bikes. They were my least favorite part of SOA

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm watching this shyt....Hopefully we can get some more time spent on a black crew....But if I remember correctly they were damn near all wiped out.