Maxey Changed His Hair So He Could See The Vision-The Official 2024-25 Sixers Season Thread

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
We’ll be hard capped and won’t be able to make any other moves
We’d be capped but still under the 1st apron. Even at the 1st apron we can still sign minimum contracts. Nurse is just a step below Tibbs so even if we fill out the roster he’ll play the same 8 or 9 players anyway.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
We’d be capped but still under the 1st apron. Even at the 1st apron we can still sign minimum contracts. Nurse is just a step below Tibbs so even if we fill out the roster he’ll play the same 8 or 9 players anyway.
So theoretically we can hold onto Reed and still sign minimum contracts right?

Only saying for the purpose of putting together a better trade deadline package where McCain or the other rookies can possibly be included

Last edited:

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
So theoretically we can hold onto Reed and still sign minimum contracts right?

Only saying for the purpose of putting together a trade deadline package where McCain or the other rookies can possibly be included
I believe so, I forgot who the reporter was that said we could over pay KJ. Then after they finish with free agency we could use the contract to trade in a package at the deadline.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I believe so, I forgot who the reporter was that said we could over pay KJ. Then after they finish with free agency we could use the contract to trade in a package at the deadline.
Im going to look for the article explaining it

Bc we have KJM bird rights, we can front load his new contact and swap him to another team to get a better/more expensive player.

doing that and/or waiving/trading Reed are our only real moves to get another impact player....otherwise we can only do vet mins going forward...thats how I remember reading it

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

Martin is an unrestricted free agent, but he has a tiny $2.1 million cap hold, and the Sixers have his full Bird rights. They’d slightly cut into their cap space if they kept him on their books instead of an incomplete roster charge ($1.15 million), but having Bird rights on him allows them to re-sign him to anything up to his max salary.

The Sixers could take advantage of that cheap cap hold to both their own benefit and Martin’s. They could keep it on their books, spend the rest of their cap space and then overpay him on a two-year contract with a non-guaranteed second season. They could later look to flip him as salary filler in a midseason trade.

excellent read

also if Reed is sent out we can bring back that same salary + 7.5 million as long as we stay under the 1st apron

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
STARTERS

Maxey (G)
Oubre (G)
PG (F)
Caleb Martin (F)
Embiid (C)

BENCH

McCain
E. Gordon
KJM
Ricky Council
Bona
Drummond

Our last big move will be to sign KJM to a 15m balloon payment and hold on to him until the deadline. Theoretically we could package KJM + Caleb Martin + picks and trade for somebody like Kuzma. That would keep us just under the 2nd apron.

Re-sign Lowry to vet min
Sign Mook/Saric to vet min

and pray for a healthy run.

I dont like the idea of Oubre and Caleb in the same lineup because neither are snipers, but both will be excellent against Bos/NY.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA

I really hate letting another one of our young guys go for nothing for some other team to benefit from. This is why I refuse to become invested in any of the young guys anymore (Like Council). Just terrible mismanagement of players and contracts from this organization over the years.

However if you're gonna get rid of Reed, Caleb Martin is an excellent choice to go with, fits with the lineup like a glove, hard nosed tough player who does the dirty work and kills Boston. I think our starting 5 is top three for sure now in the league.