giphy.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Interesting..

What this guy isn't acknowledging is that Microsoft doesn't have the leverage to go to a company like Square Enix and say hey give us a main line Final Fantasy title as an exclusive. If Microsoft wants exclusive content they have to do what they're doing. If their competitor wants exclusive content they can use their market share as leverage to get it and in many cases successfully do so.

On PC I can buy Nvidia, AMD, Intel, and play whatever I want from what's out. The brand I go with doesn't limit my purchase options for games available. Console gaming isn't open now. We're already in walled gardens. If I want to play Ratchet and Clank I can't put that disc in an Xbox and play it. Nintendo has an ecosystem, Sony has one, Microsoft has one. All these companies goals is to trap you in their ecosystem.

My argument is if Sony goes to company X and negotiates a deal to keep a major title that was on the platform off Xbox entirely how is that any better than Xbox buying company Y and keeping a major title off PlayStation that was on it?