Matt Hardy on Vince Having A Scared Straight Talk With Him And Edge

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
"So I remember myself and Adam, we go we sit in there, there’s a couch across from his chair, and we’re sitting on opposite ends of the couch. You know, there’s probably four feet between us. We’re sitting and the first thing Vince says, he says, ‘Adam, Matt, you know, the WWE is my company, right?’ He says, ‘You know that this event, SummerSlam, is my event that I created, right? We both go, ‘Yes.’ He says, ‘You know that I have rented this venue for the night, right? So this is basically my arena. Do you understand that?’ We go, ‘Yes.’ He said, you know, that wrestling ring out there? That is my wrestling ring. Do you understand that?’ He said, ‘I’m going to tell you about this right now. If either one of you go out there tonight and try and take liberties with each other, if you try and intentionally hurt one another, I am the most powerful man in this industry. I promise you neither one of you will ever work a day in this industry again. Do you understand?’ We go, ‘Yeah, sure. ‘We understand.'”

Last edited:

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
Matt Hardy on his belief that Vince McMahon was trying to scare him and Edge so much that they would bond over the experience: “Adam and I now, we had got so freaked out from Vince’s monologue, we were sitting beside each other almost like cuddled like, ‘What the f***?! Yes, we understand. We will follow this to a tee. Thank you very much, boss.’ As time ticked on down the road, myself and Adam, we think Vince brought us in there and he tried to like freak us out to bond us together. Give us something to talk about and really like, we were on that page. Everything about that match was super professional. But, Vince went crazy. He told us, ‘If you [have] ever seen a crippled person or person in a wheelchair, you want to eat them.’ That’s the quote. He said, ‘That is basic instincts, human psychology, us at our core.’ I swear to God, me and Adam have said many times since then, man. Maybe he just did that, to really try and give us something to talk about — how fukking insane he was and that was the psychology behind that it helped bond us before that match.”

Vince was crazy as fukk and it worked :dead:

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Matt Hardy on his belief that Vince McMahon was trying to scare him and Edge so much that they would bond over the experience: “Adam and I now, we had got so freaked out from Vince’s monologue, we were sitting beside each other almost like cuddled like, ‘What the f***?! Yes, we understand. We will follow this to a tee. Thank you very much, boss.’ As time ticked on down the road, myself and Adam, we think Vince brought us in there and he tried to like freak us out to bond us together. Give us something to talk about and really like, we were on that page. Everything about that match was super professional. But, Vince went crazy. He told us, ‘If you [have] ever seen a crippled person or person in a wheelchair, you want to eat them.’ That’s the quote. He said, ‘That is basic instincts, human psychology, us at our core.’ I swear to God, me and Adam have said many times since then, man. Maybe he just did that, to really try and give us something to talk about — how fukking insane he was and that was the psychology behind that it helped bond us before that match.”

399148.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 907

Dave24

Superstar
Daps

why didn't Vince do that with Bret and Shawn?