Maryland Woman Dies After Receiving Butt Injections in Basement Apartment

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
kelly-mayhew-600.jpg

A Maryland woman died after receiving injections of silicone in her butt from an uncertified plastic surgeon in New York City.

Kelly Mayhew, 34, of Suitland, was discovered unresponsive in a home in Far Rockaway, Queens, after receiving the cosmetic procedure in an unidentified woman's basement Saturday, NBC 4 New York reports.

Mayhew and her mother, Latrice, drove from Maryland to N.Y.C. and arrived at the suspect's apartment around 5 p.m. for the procedure, according to the New York Daily News. Mayhew began having difficulty breathing after the woman injected the silicone substance.

Latrice attempted to give her daughter CPR, and the suspect fled the scene, ABC affiliate WJLA reports.

Latrice told NBC 4 that the unlicensed woman administering the procedure "panicked."

"I thought she was a doctor and certified," she said. She also told authorities that her daughter had previous cosmetic procedures on her buttocks.

The NYPD still awaits autopsy results and an official cause of death. Investigators are still looking for leads in connection with the woman who administered the injections, WJLA reported.

"Illegal injections with silicone and hydrogel can cause severe damage, and even death from infection and embolism," says Beverly Hills cosmetic surgeon Dr. David Matlock. "These injections maybe cheaper, but as they say, you get what you pay for, and sometimes a person pays with their life."

Mayhew was a freelancer at BET Networks and worked at the company's Washington, D.C., office, according toABC 7. A spokesman for the network released the following statement to the outlet: "We are saddened by the death of our colleague and friend, Kelly Mayhew. Our hearts go out to her family, and we extend our deepest sympathies for their loss."

Maryland Woman Dies After Receiving Butt Injections in Basement Apartment

She was so pretty, :rip:

Update: The official cause of death from the medical examiner is a homicide.

Woman's death by butt injections ruled a homicide: medical examiner

Last edited:

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
She was straight, not my type personally cause she smokes cigs. But yeah she was straight
Real shyt, i couldn't even tell she had booty implant and i'm usually good at detecting dat shyt. Definitely would have put her on the team.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Smh this is one fukked up generation..

:damn: at the "doctor" getting the fukk out of dodge

Man tell me about it. I talked with this young lady, and I asked her what she wanted for her birthday.
Lil mama said straight up "booty shots"
I'm like I can do that baby. She like lol, I mean booty implants. Im like seriously, she sajd yeah. Im gone head to Mexico to get it done. Pretty light skin tender. shyt broke me up man

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Man tell me about it. I talked with this young lady, and I asked her what she wanted for her birthday.
Lil mama said straight up "booty shots"
I'm like I can do that baby. She like lol, I mean booty implants. Im like seriously, she sajd yeah. Im gone head to Mexico to get it done. Pretty light skin tender. shyt broke me up man
Underdeveloped mind she has :damn:

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Good riddance.

:coffee:
Mayhew and her mother, Latrice, drove from Maryland to N.Y.C. and arrived at the suspect's apartment around 5 p.m. for the procedure, according to the New York Daily News.

"I thought she was a doctor and certified," she said. She also told authorities that her daughter had previous cosmetic procedures on her buttocks.

I know it doesn't change anything. But I find that weird. Your friend or lil sister rolling with you. (Still no excuse though) yeah girl lets go to a BASEMENT and get butt injections.

But Her Mom went with Her. How does ma duke go "Okay baby, let me grab my purse, and wig, so we can drive from Maryland to New York to a BASEMENT to a get you some mo silicone in your butt by a lady I think is certified and a doctor"

look I aint blaming shyt on nobody man. But at what point does your parent senses start fukking tingling man. Like, do you know how most men would react if our daughters asked us that shyt. We say no. are you crazy.

I mean she worked for bet, bet even released va statement on her death saying our condolences so on and so forth.

You telling me she couldn't afford a new ass the legit way. Work at BET but get paid just enough to get ass injections in a BASEMENT......breh