Marvels Captain America 4 (Date TBC)

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
comic writers used to be creative for a couple of hundred dollars a pop.

these films burn through at least 150 million dollars per film/season.

asking for creativity and good film craft is only "too much" for slow people who have missed disney's/marvel's financial trajectory.

:mjlol::camby:
Comic writers rehash the same type of stories all the time. There's a reason that most comics properties only have 5-7 iconic story arcs in their 30-50 year history. (and I'm being very generous with that 5-7 number. For example, Iron-Man has been around for 50+ years and only has two notable story arcs, Demon in a Bottle, and Extremis)

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
not enough goofy/ joke cracking or angry/intense studly white men for these nikka's liking :mjpls:

main-qimg-82ba16c826c1f05825c435fdbdd14354

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Comic writers rehash the same type of stories all the time. There's a reason that most comics properties only have 5-7 (and I'm being very generous with that number. For example, Iron-Man has been around for 50+ years and only has two notable story arcs, Demon in a Bottle, and Extremis) iconic story arcs in their 30-50 year history.

we are on say comic #10 of MCU cap.

we can't have run out of ideas already.

film has greater creative pallet because it is audio+visual.

look at the portrayal of hawkman ^ .

stop making excuses.

these people are supposed the be the best of the best.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Comic writers rehash the same type of stories all the time. There's a reason that most comics properties only have 5-7 (and I'm being very generous with that number. For example, Iron-Man has been around for 50+ years and only has two notable story arcs, Demon in a Bottle, and Extremis) iconic story arcs in their 30-50 year history.
@null Disney refused to do a Demon in the Bottle storyline, and you saw what they did with Extremis

daemonova

Daps
creativity:

they had 100 ways to do this but chose ...

0b6657dd6ce17b447e8277db4bed206e.gif
Civil war happened in the books, I read the whole thing at Oxford Comics at Pharr and Peachtree when it was opened. @Rekkapryde

crazy part is that Cap lost and goes to jail, and Iron Man gets his Superhero registration program.

So be glad for the change I guess.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Civil war happened in the books, I read the whole thing at Oxford Comics at Pharr and Peachtree when it was opened. @Rekkapryde

crazy part is that Cap lost and goes to jail, and Iron Man gets his Superhero registration program.

So be glad for the change I guess.

i'm talking about audio+visual creativity in scene creation.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
we are on say comic #10 of MCU cap.

we can't have run out of ideas already.
MCU has adapted the Civil War, the Winter Solider, and themes of Nick Spencer's Captain America: Sam Wilson, and Truth: Red, White, and Black. We're more closer to issue #100.

Also, even with that 5-7 iconic story arc estimate I mention, most of those usually have the same bones. For example, X-Men probably has the most notable story arcs in Marvel outside Spider-Man and maybe Fantastic 4. However, most of those arcs are just remixes of "thinly veiled analogy for racism/homophobia." There's a reason that comic readers will tell others new to comics that if you want truly original stories, read indie comics. The big two is where you go for familiar stories because all of the properties from DC and Marvel have status quos that the properties always either maintain or eventually go back to.

daemonova

Daps
i'm talking about audio+visual creativity in scene creation.
the first fight, iron man whoops caps ass, because iron man is a metal man in a suit, and cap aint

the second fight, Cap dodges punches and is a more effective fighter, with well timed punches to the face, he probably is absorbing pain from flesh hitting metal but the panels don't showcase that. Some kids from the playground see Iron Man losing and run to his defense. (All this happens in America by the way) They start beating up on Cap. Cap, in shock from what the little kids think of him, drops to his knees and surrenders.

if you think that makes better visuals, then OK i guess

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
MCU has adapted the Civil War, the Winter Solider, and themes of Nick Spencer's Captain America: Sam Wilson, and Truth: Red, White, and Black. We're more closer to issue #100.

Also, even with that 5-7 iconic story arc estimate I mention, most of those usually have the same bones. For example, X-Men probably has the most notable story arcs in Marvel outside Spider-Man and maybe Fantastic 4. However, most of those arcs are just remixes of "thinly veiled analogy for racism/homophobia." There's a reason that comic readers will tell others new to comics that if you want truly original stories, read indie comics. The big two is where you go for familiar stories because all of the properties from DC and Marvel have status quos that the properties always either maintain or eventually go back to.

i have no idea what you are saying and i have no time to pick through your sentences and guess.

could you add some direct assertions related to what i have posted?

100 or 1000 it makes no difference to what i have said.

i am talking about creativity in film making.

we have made hundreds of thousands of films and yet clever producers have not run out of new ideas on how to present their medium.

if you cannot think of ways in which the scenes could be improved that is exactly the point.

that is why they employ experts.

i suspect that someone needs to run through with you on how to build a characters identity.

compare and contrast how the russo's bullt a better hero identity for panther than was done in his own movie.

this is nothing to do with comics story interpretation per-se but can borrow from that character or other characters in the comics.

-

in a world with bland presentations of falcon that you want to excuse away by "no more ideas" we have all subsequently seen with hawkman that more can be done with winged characters.

as a first part of identity you give heroes signature sounds. you give them signature movements and ticks.

iron man's armour whirs and clanks. wanda's hands. vision's power ethereal sounds. thor's eyes/middle distance focus when using his power. the way hawkman sets his melee weapons for battle. the way dr fate moved his hands.

you turn the mundane (suiting up, catching a shield, entering a room) into the special.

in CW every contact with BP's claws made a distinct noise. when he cut the metal while fighting bucky. like when he kicked caps shield. when he landed he landed silently. this individualisation and attention to detail drives home how special he is and strengthens his individual identity. those same claws seemed not so special in his own movie because they did not do the same.

with cap you are missing all the artistic flourishes which were used by the russo's to add to the spectacle.

take the elevator fight scene. it is the flourishes that make it special. the step back before jumping out of the elevator. the doubt in his face. the double up-the-ante of the electrical shock. the way cap removed the manacle. the way cap picked up his shield. the same scene could have been accomplished without all those creative additions and the result would not have been iconic.

additionally quite aside from the team's technical failings even with perfect production we have the fact that it is hard to turn short gang, tubby, un-athletic into a hero figure.the MCU has done their part to strengthen that height+muscles association in their casting and turning their heroes into gym rats. plus generally speaking the lower your powers are the more physically imposing you are supposed to be to make up for that deficit on screen.

hodge as hawkman is a leading man. heimdal / idris was a leading man. if they were casting for the cap falcon role today they wouldn't chose mackie or anyone of that same diminutive type.

-

all of the above might be nonsense or transparent to you. that's fine.

but it is a good reflection of the way things work.

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
the first fight, iron man whoops caps ass, because iron man is a metal man in a suit, and cap aint

the second fight, Cap dodges punches and is a more effective fighter, with well timed punches to the face, he probably is absorbing pain from flesh hitting metal but the panels don't showcase that. Some kids from the playground see Iron Man losing and run to his defense. (All this happens in America by the way) They start beating up on Cap. Cap, in shock from what the little kids think of him, drops to his knees and surrenders.

if you think that makes better visuals, then OK i guess

i think you do not understand what visuals means.

imagine you are behind the camera and in post.

then read what i posted again.