Marvels Captain America 4 (Date TBC)

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:yeshrug:It’s pointless and lazy to race swap iconic comic book characters. Like Mags, DOOM, and Pro. X. Let lesser known black comic characters have some time to shine.
agreed,
the benefit to this approach, is if they do become popular, They become a permant fixture in the comicbook world (ala what wesley snipes did with blade) bumped blade up to the a list.
Whereas the race swapped characters usually go right be to being white again by the next reboot, (ala johnny storm)

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug:It’s pointless and lazy to race swap iconic comic book characters. Like Mags, DOOM, and Pro. X. Let lesser known black comic characters have some time to shine.

Miss me with that race swap nonsense.

Like Denzel wouldn't kill it as Magneto....

SMH

Esposito is a great actor, giving him bit parts with small f-list black characters doesn't give him a chance to flex.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
agreed,
the benefit to this approach, is if they do become popular, They become a permant fixture in the comicbook world (ala what wesley snipes did with blade)
Whereas the race swapped characters usually go right be to being white again by the next reboot, (ala johnny storm)
:ehh:I’m saying, there’s plenty of black comic book characters. Who’ll never reach the big screen because bruhs. Would rather have a race swapped character, instead of an established black one.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Miss me with that race swap nonsense.

Like Denzel wouldn't kill it as Magneto....

SMH

Esposito is a great actor, giving him bit parts with small f-list black characters doesn't give him a chance to flex.
:mjlol:Who said that he wouldn’t killed the role? I know for a fact that Denzel would kill it. But race swapping Magneto is fukking stupid lol. And I’m sure that Blade was a “who or F-listed” character before Snipes came through.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I always remember when red hulk punched thr watcher
838696.png

Loeb writing this era of red hulk was a mistake lmao

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:Who said they wouldn’t kill the role? I know for a fact that Denzel would kill it. But race swapping Magneto is fukking stupid lol. And I’m sure that Blade was a “who or F-listed” character before Snipes came through.

They gave Idris Elba a BS role. (Meanwhile Paul Rudd got to star in 3 mid movies...I digress)

They're probably doing the same thing to Giancarlo.

You hung up on "race" swapping and elevating z-list black characters drawn into the background - and I'm focusing on getting great Black Actors into great roles because those lead to good movies.