Marvel Studios’ ‘The Fantastic Four: First Steps’ | In Cinemas July 25th, 2025

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The first FF movie doesn't need Silver Surfer, unless it's a 1-2 scene cameo to introduce the character and what a herald does.
If its a Galactus movie..yeah Norrin Radd should be there but the Surfer is such a force of nature..he should obviously have his own movie. He has a tragic story..has a ton of villains to fights..Mephisto and Galactus. Its already off tilt because him and Thanos are usually butting heads.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
If its a Galactus movie..yeah Norrin Radd should be there but the Surfer is such a force of nature..he should obviously have his own movie. He has a tragic story..has a ton of villains to fights..Mephisto and Galactus. Its already off tilt because him and Thanos are usually butting heads.
Making the first FF movie a Galactus movie is retarded.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Making the first FF movie a Galactus movie is retarded.

Agreed, but as a comic reader, you already know why Doom would be seen as even more impactful than Galactus, even if they're going to probably cut every corner possible to establish why.

That, and the other issue is that superhero movies have a massive problem with scale. There are no movies where the central conflict isn't some world ending threat. We've reached the point where the movie making logic works out so that if the Eternals can be introduced while fighting a Celestial, far more important characters like the Fantastic Four can and should be introduced either fighting Galactus, or someone attached to them.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
If this is an alternate universe, I’m 100% okay with that being a female Surfer.

It gives the team more dynamics to play with.
Not just Ben losing his human body but Reed failing to save their universe with a “Family out of time” twist

We can have fun with alternate versions of events ala the Ultimate universe then meet the MCU version.

Galactus wins in this version then Reed is haunted looking out for him in the MCU.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
That, and the other issue is that superhero movies have a massive problem with scale. There are no movies where the central conflict isn't some world ending threat. We've reached the point where the movie making logic works out so that if the Eternals can be introduced while fighting a Celestial, far more important characters like the Fantastic Four can and should be introduced either fighting Galactus, or someone attached to them.
I disagree. If the script is good then the audience would be more than ok with whatever enemy/threat. Thinking bigger is the only way is how these movies go to shyt because there's very little effort put into character, motivations and the story. The focus is on doing something "important" and try to jam in whatever comic book lore can fit. And that sucks.

It’s actually a smart way to move the F4 into another universe.
:dwillhuh: as in "Galactus consumed Earth so they have to leave"? :patrice:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
I disagree. If the script is good then the audience would be more than ok with whatever enemy/threat. Thinking bigger is the only way is how these movies go to shyt because there's very little effort put into character, motivations and the story. The focus is on doing something "important" and try to jam in whatever comic book lore can fit. And that sucks.

Rumor has it that the F4 will lose to Galactus, and be transported to our universe.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
This is hilarious. I'll prob skip it.

At least the Fox F4 films got the casting right...except for Sue. The scripts were just trash.

This one sounding like it'll be worst than that other one. And why do you need a Surfer if the villain is Mole Man? One us grounded and the other is cosmic.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
This is hilarious. I'll prob skip it.

At least the Fox F4 films got the casting right...except for Sue. The scripts were just trash.

This one sounding like it'll be worst than that other one. And why do you need a Surfer if the villain is Mole Man? One us grounded and the other is cosmic.
I'm guessing it's going to be Owen Reece, the Molecule Man

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

We're saying the same thing, breh. The approaches have been lazy, and they almost always shortcut to saying the protagonists had to literally save the world in order to give the story any weight, as opposed to character, motivations, or actual story.