Marvel Studios’ ‘The Fantastic Four: First Steps’ | In Cinemas July 25th, 2025

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He wasn't their first choice. They could've went with an unknown or up and coming actor to be the lead, but didn't want to take the risk.

There was a time when Marvel could legit pick and choose their actors. The marvel mystique is gone. They used to take unknown actors and turn them into superstars. That ship has also appeared to have sailed.

Marvel has not been able to develop new anchor characters post phase 3 and has relied heavily on post end game characters to stay afloat.

Shang Chi 2 should already be in development, but it doesn't even have a release date. And listening to the anti woke cac crowd, it appears they are not going to take advantage of Wakanda.

I'm expecting safe, boring cac actors to play these characters going forward, and any non cac character will be nothing more than sidekicks and comic relief.

DC actually has the advantage at this point. Marvel is taking all the shots, while DC scrapped their entire universe and is starting all over. Which means after this year, Marvel has no room for any error. They have to nail everything. Because if the new Super Man movie is a hit, it's over.
“It’s over” is a leap stretch and reach lol

Check the last like five dc movies numbers dc has a long way to rebuild anything and one Superman movie isn’t going to make things change especially when Deadpool just broke the most viewed trailer record ever.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I never watched it :manny:

As for the others, non of them started with his parents getting killed.

Batman Begins is probably the closest thing to an origin movie.

And the 89 Batman was an attempt at breaking into the comic book blockbuster genre. It was about spectacle.

Super Man got an origin movie. Man of Steel didn’t need one because of all the shows and movies that had been done previously.

F4 doesn't need an origin story. Their origin is 5 minutes. Off in space, for who cares for what reason, hit by cosmic blasts and got powers. When they work, it's because of the focus of the family dynamic. You put them in a situation and let them play off one another. Reed/Sue, Ben/Johnny, Reed/Ben, Johnny/Sue, Ben/Sue...it's the ONLY thing the Tim Story movies got right - at least Ben & Johnny and Reed & Sue. There just wasn't enough of it, and to counter it they didn't do anything.

But, if they're gonna do the 60s, they should already bring in Franklin & Val.

However, I'm like 99% sure that this movie will be a play-for-play copy of Ant-Man 3. I said it then that it felt like a discarded F4 script.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
“It’s over” is a leap stretch and reach lol

Check the last like five dc movies numbers dc has a long way to rebuild anything and one Superman movie isn’t going to make things change especially when Deadpool just broke the most viewed trailer record ever.
:blessed:Yes it is

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
The 1960's setting :scust:

Why can't they just be from a modern alternative universe? :mindblown:

Who the hell wants to see another bunch of "out of time" characters? :what:
will-smith-nodding-raise-hand-faj5pq9rtknofm5v.gif

shyt like that gives the movie a different aesthetic and feel instead of more of the same
BGGZLg.png

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Given that the original fantastic four family started in the 60s, me nikka.

Have them work with pym, stark, or someone of that ilk and maybe they get lost in space/end up in another universe. Have them become themselves there and because of incursions they get forced back into our universe. shyt they could be from the same universe as the x men that rambeau is in

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

1960s setting is great, actually. It's a swicth up and it still keeps them as the "First Family". EIther way, we all know they'll be lost in space/time/dimensions and return in the modern setting. Marvel and the multiverse is never a good idea. It barely works in their books, which is why any popular character from another timeline gets pulled into the 616.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Given that the original fantastic four family started in the 60s, me nikka.

Have them work with pym, stark, or someone of that ilk and maybe they get lost in space/end up in another universe. Have them become themselves there and because of incursions they get forced back into our universe. shyt they could be from the same universe as the x men that rambeau is in

This is a carbon copy of Ant Man :mjtf:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
1960s setting is great, actually. It's a swicth up and it still keeps them as the "First Family". EIther way, we all know they'll be lost in space/time/dimensions and return in the modern setting. Marvel and the multiverse is never a good idea. It barely works in their books, which is why any popular character from another timeline gets pulled into the 616.

:what:What switch up?

What did the 90’s setting add to Captain Marvel?

Absolutely NOTHING other than make the movie look UGLY and having the movie waste time in the past