Marvel Studios’ ‘The Fantastic Four: First Steps’ | In Cinemas July 25th, 2025

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I never watched it :manny:

As for the others, non of them started with his parents getting killed.

Batman Begins is probably the closest thing to an origin movie.

And the 89 Batman was an attempt at breaking into the comic book blockbuster genre. It was about spectacle.

Super Man got an origin movie. Man of Steel didn’t need one because of all the shows and movies that had been done previously.
Man of Steel had one though... It literally showed all the parts.. Krypton destroyed, him on the way to Earth, his childhood, his dad dying, etc etc

It wasn't at the beginning (Like Batman 89 when his parents got killed) but it was in the movie.. This NEW Superman is supposed to dedicate ZERO seconds to his origin. So I don't expect to see anything I just typed in it

Daps
basically they're from a different universe that's still in the 1960's
and they land in the current mcu universe
people on the internet have been asking for them to be from the 60's for the past 10 years

What kinda foolishness :laff:

How mans gon be a super scientist if he don't even have current tech? :laff:

If they was gon do this whole time traveling storyline with anybody, it should have been done with the X Men so Magneto could still be born in Nazi Germany

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
What kinda foolishness :laff:

How mans gon be a super scientist if he don't even have current tech? :laff:

If they was gon do this whole time traveling storyline with anybody, it should have been done with the X Men so Magneto could still be born in Nazi Germany
I think they're going with the idea that Reed is so smart he had 2024 level tech in the 1960's. so when he enters the current time he's up to speed already
Their robot H.E.R.B.I.E. is in the movie too

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
The rumors are that the battle with Galactus and his Heralds. Is the cause for their time skip to the future.

Daps
I think they're going with the idea that Reed is so smart he had 2024 level tech in the 1960's. so when he enters the current time he's up to speed already

I don't understand the point. Why do the FF4 need to come from the 60s? :deadrose:

Are they bringing Doom with them from the 60s?

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I don't understand the point. Why do the FF4 need to come from the 60s? :deadrose:

Are they bringing Doom with them from the 60s?
It makes them different from the other heroes, cool retro aesthetic, it's easy to explain where they've been, and meta commentary because they debuted in the 60's.
they have the guy from Wandavision directing this so he could pull it off now that I think about it

I don't think so but Doom is in this In some capacity

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
So basically he gets the Apocalypse update when he awakes from his slumber(Uncanny X Men #335)