Marvel Studios’ ‘The Fantastic Four: First Steps’ | In Cinemas July 25th, 2025

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
I could see his mask less scenes taking place when he's alone in his castle, thinking about what happened to him or prior to getting his armour on.
I would be okay with that. Although monologuing to himself in an empty room would make for a weird scene. Knowing Marvel though they'll have Doom running around without a helmet in the middle of battles, which would be the one situation where you should be completely armored up. Having to hear that Gorr was ruined because they 'weren't going to pay for Bale without showing his face' really made me worried for Doom. Some roles are bigger than the actor who plays them.

Dooms best depictions in the comics never show you what his disfigurement even looks like. Like he's too vain to even let himself see his own face.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Doom is my favorite Marvel character, so maybe I'm tripping, but you guys seem way to blasé about this. I'm going to be pissed if dude is running around bare face throughout the movie. He's not Doom if he's just some scar faced guy in a cloak, never showing his face is such a core part of his character.

Someone needs to start a petition or something to nip that in the bud ASAP. Threaten Marvel with only pirating their movies from now on if they ruin Doom.
Yeah, you definitely tripping breh. Boycotting the entire MCU over Doom is some super stan shyt. :mjlol:

Now that aside, you made valid points and have we every right to want an accurate portrayal of such a pivotal character. I've said it for years; they NEED to get Doom right because he's involved in some of the best arcs in Marvel. You never really get rid of him, you just postpone the fukkery. So you can't afford to fukk him up, this is a long term investment.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Yeah, you definitely tripping breh. Boycotting the entire MCU over Doom is some super stan shyt. :mjlol:

Now that aside, you made valid points and have we every right to want an accurate portrayal of such a pivotal character. I've said it for years; they NEED to get Doom right because he's involved in some of the best arcs in Marvel. You never really get rid of him, you just postpone the fukkery. So you can't afford to fukk him up, this is a long term investment.
redman-american-rapper.gif

Exactly. Darth Vader really is the perfect parallel for how he should be depicted.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

Cillian Murphy: ‘I was so wired emotionally that I couldn’t sleep’​

The actor’s first project with Max Porter was exhausting. Now they’re making a film together​

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/...d-emotionally-that-i-couldn-t-sleep-1.4606802

:ufdup: weak core. you can read that he is a sensitive person.

dr. doom emanating sensitivity, vulnerability and caring for others :mjlol:

you need something who is aloof and a hard b'stard to his core. not someone sheathed in a translucent veneer of "tough guy".

or he has to be a genius actor, like with bill the butcher (and cillian ain't that).

if doom is not going to show his face then you need someone who can use physicality to transmit menace. and i don't mean cillian's "pointing finger in face while staring means menace" turn.

(old) liam neeson can do that

(old) hugo weaving could do that :ehh:

tony curran (bor in thor: the dark world) can do that

oliver reed could do that.

not cillian murphy ...

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps

Cillian Murphy: ‘I was so wired emotionally that I couldn’t sleep’​

The actor’s first project with Max Porter was exhausting. Now they’re making a film together​

Cillian Murphy: ‘I was so wired emotionally that I couldn’t sleep’

:ufdup: weak core. you can read that he is a sensitive person.

dr. doom emanating sensitivity, vulnerability and caring for others :mjlol:

you need something who is aloof and a hard b'stard to his core. not someone sheathed in a translucent veneer of "tough guy".

or he has to be a genius actor, like with bill the butcher (and cillian ain't that).

if doom is not going to show his face then you need someone who can use physicality to transmit menace. and i don't mean cillian's "pointing finger in face while staring means menace" turn.

(old) liam neeson can do that

(old) hugo weaving could do that :ehh:

tony curran (bor in thor: the dark world) can do that

oliver reed could do that.

not cillian murphy ...

What does that even mean? It's called acting.

Hugh Jackman was Oklahoma
Heath Ledger was in 10 things I hate about you.
Chris Evans was in wack movies his entire career prior to Captain America and also never lifted a weight in his life.
LOL @ De Niro and Pacino being real life intimidating guys or weak because they Method Acted.
Rourke is a decently rough guy outside of acting and had the wackest MCU villain ever- your life outside means nada on screen.

You still haven't answered folks question - have you watched Peaky Blinders?

I'm not saying you need to change your mind but saying dude can't be menacing or intimidating is nuts based on that performance.

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
What does that even mean? It's called acting.

only the greats can hide who they really are.

daniel day lewis for example. or gary oldman.

this is the same man.

not evryone can do that so you pick actors with some attributes in their real persoanlity and/or who have a talent for certain types of portrayals.

citing "acting" as grounds is to assume that all actors can act well enough, which is babble.

cillian is a soft person and his acting is not good enough to mask it.

-

following on from this not everyone can read people to the same degree. that is why poker champs consistently win and people at the same tables cannot see what is going on around them.

i am no poker champ but neither am i someone who fights this reality.

it might be partailly hyper-vigillance or part latent-inhibition or something else but it is what it is.

You still haven't answered folks question - have you watched Peaky Blinders?

"still"? i didn't notice it before. my bad.

I'm not saying you need to change your mind but saying dude can't be menacing or intimidating is nuts based on that performance.

you can see that he is a sensitive type. finger in face, shouting doesn't change any of that.

the lesson of poker is: ....

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
only the greats can hide who they really are.

daniel day lewis for example. or gary oldman.

this is the same man.

not evryone can do that so you pick actors with some attributes in their real persoanlity and/or who have a talent for certain types of portrayals.

citing "acting" as grounds is to assume that all actors can act well enough, which is babble.

cillian is a soft person and his acting is not good enough to mask it.

-

following on from this not everyone can read people to the same degree. that is why poker champs consistently win and people at the same tables cannot see what is going on around them.

i am no poker champ but neither am i someone who fights this reality.

it might be partailly hyper-vigillance or part latent-inhibition or something else but it is what it is.

"still"? i didn't notice it before. my bad.

you can see that he is a sensitive type. finger in face, shouting doesn't change any of that.

the lesson of poker is: ....