Marvel Studios’ ‘The Fantastic Four: First Steps’ | In Cinemas July 25th, 2025

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Do you guys think Marvel will keep Doom as a disfigured man stuck behind a mask?

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
so what? nobody remembers him, he was a super generic villain

plus this FF movie might take place in another universe

Think that would be a bit much considering his visibility in Strange. He didn't have some glorified cameo, he had a prominent role in a movie as a villain. And he wasn't under a bunch of prosthetics or motion capture- his face was completely there.

I agree, he would have been perfect for Doom. He was actually wasted in Strange for an actor of his caliber.

Last edited:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Do you guys think Marvel will keep Doom as a disfigured man stuck behind a mask?

I think they should. They have the perfect setup for him. The ashes of Sokovia from Age of Ultra led to instability- and became Latveria (annexed, merged, invaded, etc. Maybe even he was a Sokovia resident who witnessed the events). Maybe he used the Ultron remains to create his technologies, etc.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
so what? nobody remembers him, he was a super generic villain

plus this FF movie might take place in another universe
They could just easily write him as a twin or a clone. E.g. Doom cloned himself to infiltrate kamar-taj, learn magic and then bring back his knowledge. Doom is the kind of person who would do something like that--maybe even include a recording device implanted in him that feeds data back to doom so he knows the secrets in the event the clone is killed. This is the same guy who would create extremely realistic robots to avoid losing to the point where it became a trope.

I think the actors who could really take that role on would be:
Michael Fassbender
Jonathan Groff
Chris pine

If not Mads Mikkelsen. Viggo Mortensen would've been perfect if he were younger.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
I'm really glad that some of you guys are not writing or casting for the MCU :scusthov:

I see Cillian Murphy, but that's about it. Young Viggo was another good shout. I really, really, really need them to not show his face after the disfigurement though. I am tired of seeing Doom's depiction being ruined. Dr. Doom could anchor the MCU for the next 20 years. They can not fukk this up.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Needs to be

fotonoticia_20220710150249_1200.jpg

he has a weak inner core and cannot play tough or aloof.

there is a reason why he is routinely cast as a snivelling, sneaky or mentally fractured person.

it's a similar reason as to why ewan mcgregor is often cast as a caring person, mads is cast as a duplicitous character, patrick stewart is cast as an authority figure (even at 80) and anthony hopkins or pesci are cast as dangerous (despite their small size).

it is the energy that they eminate on screen and cillian has all the energy of an on-edge rabbit.

doom is royalty so above all he has to be aloof. classical schooling helps here.

a younger peter cushing (as a blast from the past) or
even chrisopher lee.

moving forward in time christopher plumber has that mix of authority and duplicity

contemporary but too old someone like jason isaacs (maybe not aloof enough)

or too feeble and old but very alooof - ozymandias

of the younger cats domhnall gleeson for example would be better than murphy

-

and while we are busy casting let me just add that Javier Bardem and Kim Chan should join oddball masters Goldblum (Grandmaster) and Bennico del Torro (Collector) as Challenger and Architect.

Elders of the Universe - Wikipedia

kim chan

:troll:

Last edited:

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
he has a weak inner core and cannot play tough or aloof.

there is a reason why he is routinely cast as a snivelling, sneaky or mentally fractured person.

it's a similar reason as to why ewan mcgregor is often cast as a caring person, mads is cast as a duplicitous character, patrick stewart is cast as an authority figure (even at 80) and anthony hopkins or pesci are cast as dangerous (despite their small size).

it is the energy that they eminate on screen and cillian has all the energy of an on-edge rabbit.

doom is royalty so above all he has to be aloof. classical schooling helps here.

a younger peter cushing (as a blast from the past) or
even chrisopher lee.

moving forward in time christopher plumber has that mix of authority and duplicity

contemporary but too old someone like jason isaacs (maybe not aloof enough)

or too feeble and old but very alooof - ozymandias

of the younger cats domhnall gleeson for example would be better than murphy

-

and while we are busy casting let me just add that Javier Bardem and Kim Chan should join oddball masters Goldblum (Grandmaster) and Bennico del Torro (Collector) as Challenger and Architect.

Elders of the Universe - Wikipedia

kim chan

:troll:

Nah, Cilian Murphy plays Thomas Shelby he can definitely play doom based on the last two seasons of peaky blinders alone

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Nah, Cilian Murphy plays Thomas Shelby he can definitely play doom based on the last two seasons of peaky blinders alone

I was about to say. Peaky Blinders alone shows he can command a screen on some Shakespeare level range.

Tell me this ain't Doom

Last edited:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Needs to be

fotonoticia_20220710150249_1200.jpg

His role in Peaky Blinders is pretty much what Doom needs to be. His range in it goes from angry, sympathetic, character driven, self-destructive, selfish, violent, ego driven and giving all at once. Sometimes in the same scene.

Plus he's like 20 years younger than Giancarlo.

I can't see Cillian doing it for several reasons unfortunately

- dude is not really celebrity driven. This role would be anything but it. Being at Comic Con seems like something not up his alley.
- not really a special effects actor despite being in Inception and Quiet Place Part 2 and Batman Begins. Those are a bit more "story" driven than a straight up MCU 100 milly flick. Not sure he'd be green screen kind of actor with a 10 picture deal commitment. Kind of reminds me of Joauqin Phoenix- has to be the "right" big budget flick.

Maybe "Oppenheimer" and its likely Oscar Noms/Wins will get him in that direction. Will likely be a huge box office hit too.I think he'd knock it out the ballpark as Doom.
i really did like his role in batman begins and i do agree

but i feel like Cillian looks and feels more like a villain of that creed (scarecrow)

Dr. Doom is also a villain who's ego is over inflated and sees himself as a cavalier (he ruled a whole country and is one of the worlds top genuises). Doom also has a bit of a god complex where even though he is only human, he has been in the face gods, overpowered beings etc, and can somehow bring them down to his level, kinda like Lex Luthor.

That why I chose Giancarlo, cause no matter how stressful the situation or how powerful the person is standing in front of them, HE ends up being the one that is feared, and he can cause fear with pure words instead of fighting. Doom has always been a monologuer and Giancarlo has a knack for that in some of his roles. Even in The Boys, Stan Edgar CONSTANTLY makes Homelander look like a jackass, despite the fact that he can break every bone in his body.

:wow:

Either Jonathan Majors or whoever plays Doom will be the new marketing villan for marvel cause Josh Brolin brought in a lot of bread as Thanos and was on board to do the whole media run for the 2 films

Last edited:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
i really did like his role in batman begins and i do agree

but i feel like Cillian looks and feels more like a villain of that creed (scarecrow)

Dr. Doom is also a villain who's ego is over inflated and sees himself as a cavalier (he ruled a whole country and is one of the worlds top genuises). Doom also has a bit of a god complex where even though he is only human, he has been in the face gods, overpowered beings etc, and can somehow bring them down to his level, kinda like Lex Luthor.

That why I chose Giancarlo, cause no matter how stressful the situation or how powerful the person is standing in front of them, HE ends up being the one that is feared, and he can cause fear with pure words instead of fighting. Doom has always been a monologuer and Giancarlo has a knack for that in some of his roles. Even in The Boys, Stan Edgar CONSTANTLY makes Homelander look like a jackass, despite the fact that he can break every bone in his body.

:wow:

Either Jonathan Majors or whoever plays Doom will be the new marketing villan for marvel cause Josh Brolin brought in a lot of bread as Thanos and was on board to do the media the whole run for the films

I think we agree on one thing unanimously- that this role can't be some half-assed actor. It has to be a Cillian/Esposito level actor because Doom is so multi layered.

If Fassbender hadn't been Magneto and it wasn't so baked in I could see him as Doom as well.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
I think we agree on one thing unanimously- that this role can't be some half-assed actor. It has to be a Cillian/Esposito level actor because Doom is so multi layered.

If Fassbender hadn't been Magneto and it wasn't so baked in I could see him as Doom as well.
ill throw tomatoes at the screen if they reduce this character to a Ronan the Accuser :francis::francis: