Marvel Studios’ ‘The Fantastic Four: First Steps’ | In Cinemas July 25th, 2025

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Hopefully they nail Doom :ohlawd: We've never had a good Doom..
Giancarlo_Esposito_San_Diego_Comic_Con_San_Diego_Convention_Center_California_July_19_2018.jpg

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i find the Giancarlo Esposito fancastings to be so lame and uninspired. dude is still juggling Gus Fring, Star Wars villain and Boys probable villain. that's enough. same with Javier Bardem, "he's played great bad guys before!" yeah, it starts to feel like generic typecasting. find someone else. also these dudes are too old

it's the same as "Norman Reedus should be GhostRider!" b/c he played a character on a motorcycle. or when everyone fancast Cranston in roles b/c he was bald.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
:jbhmm:I need to know who's writing
THAT is what's key here because the success of the MCU actually makes introducing the F4 more difficult. What made them so important in the comics is the fact they're historic, one of the cornerstones of Marvel and so much stems from them. Almost every element that made them original & special is already established in the MCU, so the challenge is how do you make them special? Space, scientific genius, powers, family dynamics, world threats, they've all been covered.

Your task is to update them and make the audience care about them like they did the Avengers because they need to be central to this universe considering everything that stems from them.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps

Needs to be

fotonoticia_20220710150249_1200.jpg

His role in Peaky Blinders is pretty much what Doom needs to be. His range in it goes from angry, sympathetic, character driven, self-destructive, selfish, violent, ego driven and giving all at once. Sometimes in the same scene.

Plus he's like 20 years younger than Giancarlo.

I can't see Cillian doing it for several reasons unfortunately

- dude is not really celebrity driven. This role would be anything but it. Being at Comic Con seems like something not up his alley.
- not really a special effects actor despite being in Inception and Quiet Place Part 2 and Batman Begins. Those are a bit more "story" driven than a straight up MCU 100 milly flick. Not sure he'd be green screen kind of actor with a 10 picture deal commitment. Kind of reminds me of Joauqin Phoenix- has to be the "right" big budget flick.

Maybe "Oppenheimer" and its likely Oscar Noms/Wins will get him in that direction. Will likely be a huge box office hit too.I think he'd knock it out the ballpark as Doom.

Last edited: