Mark My Words: E3 Will Be Outright Cancelled Next Year

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
I can see every company taking Sony & Nintendo's lead next year and pulling out completely. I don't even see the purpose of E3 anymore (when you can just do a simple & to-the-point direct). these conferences are a complete waste of time

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
There is no reason for companies to try to compete for time and press coverage in a week span. Just plan your own yearly conference and have the press cycle to yourself. Just look at Apple, Google and Samsung and see how they roll out their products.

Take away the BS narrative about who won E3 and let the nerds have something else to argue about.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Depends if Sony wants to save it :mjgrin:

Nah. But like breh above said, it probably won't be next year with the new consoles coming out, but I believe it will end within a few years.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I can see it becoming more of a comic con like function, just less grand, since they started letting regular ol ass people in.

a couple major players, lots of smaller companies, and alot of bullshyt peddled.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
There is no reason for companies to try to compete for time and press coverage in a week span. Just plan your own yearly conference and have the press cycle to yourself. Just look at Apple, Google and Samsung and see how they roll out their products.

Take away the BS narrative about who won E3 and let the nerds have something else to argue about.

I hear you, and it may happen, but as of right now the competition is healthy and they're all eating from each other by converging in one place. They aren't in the same realm as Apple, Google and Samsung because they are advertising software that they have in common, whereas those other companies are mostly advertising hardware that don't cooperate with each other whatsoever.

I think it helps the entire industry by having this event, and if they discontinue it because of this precedent Sony is setting I think we'll all suffer in the end.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Whatever it takes so Bethesda stops having conferences, I’m all for it.

Nintendo directs are dope footage after footage and call it a day.