Marathon (Bungie) PS5, Xbox Series X

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You lose everything you deploy with when you die in Tarkov, DMZ, etc.

Are there ranks/levels in those games? Like if i make it back with x amount of stuff I rank up this specific character. It sounds like with permadeath if you fail you lose your ranking

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
bungie making a tarkov lite, 2 years too late, while destiny still doesn't have dedicated servers is.... well, if it doesn't pay off it'll be hard not to hear about it

Activision/Bungie being cheap not to have dedicated servers is hilarious.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Are there ranks/levels in those games? Like if i make it back with x amount of stuff I rank up this specific character. It sounds like with permadeath if you fail you lose your ranking

There's a "meta" game where you do make progress (and in Tarkov you have your safehouse you can customize and store loot) if you continuously extract successfully, but it resets periodically to avoid people from getting way too ahead of new players with OP gear.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I wonder if Sony is going to help Bungie not repeat the same mistakes Destiny made. It would be nice to get dedicated servers

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That's a good get if they're the person that helped with the core gameplay. However, might not be that good of a get if they were in charge of content because that is what hurt that game imo

Na those are online services, he’s the design Director. They have roles specifically for live service content

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I like the potential of what this game could be especially if the trailer is the general direction of the aesthetic of the game