Marathon (Bungie) PS5, Xbox Series X

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
its aesthetically (and sonically) very pleasing. Design/looks wise this is my shyt, i just know i won’t end up caring about a pvp shooter. :francis:

Its a shame how bungie won’t do single player campaigns anymore even if they were short like Titanfall 2
A damn shame because what they did with Halo series was revolutionary. Now we're stuck with a developer that will mainly make multiplayer games, which does limit them.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Breh, you understand how hard it is for new players to get into destiny 2? That shyt is over unless you have some basic understanding of whats going on from launch.

I’m talking about a self contained single player campaign they can use to onboard new players, even if its only like 6 hours

It’s a complex RPG but you don’t need to have started from launch to get into it

Beyond Light was a campaign made specifically for onboarding new players

Witch Queen and Lightfall can be played entirely single player with no co-op and has extra rewards for doing so

Each new season has its own set of single player missions with a continuing narrative

They still make single player campaigns breh, you just haven’t played them :yeshrug:

Even tho you said you did :troll:
You didn’t even finish the campaign. Get out of here. No one wants nor needs your spam here :camby:

I did finish it, why are you so disturbed :mjlol:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Bungie has shown repeatedly they know how to make a compelling gameplay loop in this space.

If this fails I'll blame Sony.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Why isn’t this a PlayStation console exclusive? No stan wars, genuinely curious
I believe when Bungie signed their deal with Sony they have a clause that they can release their games on any platform. I believe the acquisition was more about multimedia control of their franchises and advisory role on live services.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I believe when Bungie signed their deal with Sony they have a clause that they can release their games on any platform. I believe the acquisition was more about multimedia control of their franchises and advisory role on live services.
I think sony is hungrier for some live service they can put their name on than ppl think. They got the SP campaign shyt on lock already.

All that aside, extraction shooters been around a minute but no one has really blown it up yet. Bungie could be the ones to do it. With Bungie you already know the art is gonna be dope and it's gonna "feel" good to play. The problem is their MTX shyt sucks, they're systems never feel fair or right. Even the most hardcore Destiny fan will tell you they're basically trapped in an absuvie relationship at this point.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Game looks dope, but it really has to be something special for me to jump in. Kind of burned out on these live service PvP games. Just not my cup of tea

:manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Part of the sale's deal was that Bungie stays multiplatform forever. Sony bought them for Games As A Service/Online/Multiplayer expertise.

Its not that they stay multiplatform its that they stay independent and bungie chooses where to release their games

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think sony is hungrier for some live service they can put their name on than ppl think. They got the SP campaign shyt on lock already.

All that aside, extraction shooters been around a minute but no one has really blown it up yet. Bungie could be the ones to do it. With Bungie you already know the art is gonna be dope and it's gonna "feel" good to play. The problem is their MTX shyt sucks, they're systems never feel fair or right. Even the most hardcore Destiny fan will tell you they're basically trapped in an absuvie relationship at this point.
Yeah, with Bungie we know it will have top tier gunplay. I just fear how bad the MTX will be because they've been one of the worst offenders of MTX . I think like you mentioned this genre most likely needs a top tier studio like Bungie to get it going