Mapping Inequality: Redlining in New Deal America

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is actually why I'm against the distribution programs Bernie described. They will always find ways to distribute them in a way that disadvantages us. They cant determine the terms of our programs.:francis:

I believe Orwell had that line in animal farm stating that "all [people] are equal,but some [people] are more equal than others". This line describes the New Deal perfectly. :wow:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
This is how you use The Data:wow:
A year I got I dropped some GIS maps regarding how bad inequity is. It's humbling shyt, when legit where inequity and poverty persist, are also were black people are heavily concentrated.

I mean the data makes the case.

Edit: Studied the map.

No surprise when you see that massive bubble over chicago and detriot.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1 of the two great crimes of the 20th century if you ask me when it comes to modern American. When talking to people about it, they don't get that jobs moved people. Cars moved people that could afford them. Huge shift of jobs away from people that had migrated to get them in the first place. Now you have trapped entire groups of people without jobs it opportunity. The means if escape to these places were even built right through and over these black communities. Yet this and the great pollutions in the 20 to century against black populations are conveniently left it if discussions and publications about history. You trap populations, then cause mass health issues and birth defects, them fight any reparation for decades. We're talking multiple Flints all over the country. Now we're letting Trump eliminate some of the very practices and safety measures that came to be from these situations. Understand lifting many of these restrictions are going to hurt our communities in the long run. But let's ignore that and how many black community were left down wind and downstream with sub par infrastructure.

:snoop: