Man Turns Down A Half Billion Dollar Buyout Of His Company To Stay Black Owned

Ace2306

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC

"When it comes to men’s grooming, there's usually a lot of trial and error involved as guys search for the right routine to complement their individual lifestyles. In fact, tech entrepreneur Tristan Walker -- admired in Silicon Valley for his success as head of business development at Foursquare -- was so frustrated with the quality of over-the-counter razor blades, which constantly left him with razor bumps, that he stopped shaving altogether for 15 years. That's all part of what led him, in December 2013, to launch his very own line of shaving products called Bevel. The products are aimed at "men with coarse and curly hair," according to the website of Walker & Company, Walker's start-up health- and beauty-products business, of which Bevel is the flagship brand. The line includes a special brush as well as razors and lotions, all of them aimed at the kind of skin-irritation problems that are especially common among black men. In the year since its launch, Bevel has attracted investors as diverse as Hollywood mogul Charles King, hip-hop veteran Nas and the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz. During a recent interview with The Huffington Post, Walker, a Stanford University Graduate School of Business alum and a native of Queens, New York, opened up on developing Bevel, as well as his long-term plan to expand his company and reach underserved minority customers.Support getbevel.com #motivation #business #ownership "

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.

He's a better man than me.

I'd take that 500 mil, get into something else all while still putting on blacks at my next endeavors. Certainly have more capital to do so now than before too. But I don't know all the details and his life, so props to him regardless :salute:

Drones

Visions of $
Daps
1367496144-golf-clap.gif

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
He's a better man than me.

I'd take that 500 mil, get into something else all while still putting on blacks at my next endeavors. Certainly have more capital to do so now than before too. But I don't know all the details and his life, so props to him regardless :salute:

Yeah, I don't know if that makes smart business sense. Then again I don't have a company so...fukk do i know.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Kinda :patrice: imo

imagine how he could've flipped that money in other projects

props to him for being successful in his endeavors regardless though :manny:

Imagine if he turns his company into Gillette though :lupe:

There are a potential 500 million consumers around the world those companies didn't give a fukk about before, that he now has the inside edge on.