Man Spends $1.4 Million On Game Character, Which His Friend Then Accidentally Sold For Only $552

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Whoops! According to South China Morning Post, a man in China spent an eye-watering $1.4 million on his character in MMORPG Justice Online. His buddy accidentally sold said character for a mere $552. The man filed a lawsuit against game company NetEase and his friend. Well, former friend, I guess.

The friend—er, defendant—had been loaned the character and reportedly tried to sell it back to the man for 388,000 yuan ($55,138). Instead, it was listed for 3,888 yuan ($552) on NetEase’s in-game marketplace and was soon purchased by another unrelated player. During the court mediation that followed, the defendant claimed the shockingly low price was due to a typo induced by exhaustion after a marathon gaming session.

ADVERTISEMENT

Games Sina}], licensor: null}" alt="null" class="i-amphtml-element i-amphtml-layout-responsive i-amphtml-layout-size-defined i-amphtml-layout" i-amphtml-layout="responsive" i-amphtml-auto-lightbox-visited="" lightbox="i-amphtml-auto-lightbox-1" style="display: block; position: relative; overflow: hidden !important;">
nb3fewzxpm1k0m6bih1s.jpg

Screenshot: Games Sina
South China Morning Post reports that the suit was settled by a judge who mediated the proceeding online. Authorities in China are now pointing to this mediation as a way judges can oversee legal disputes remotely.

Man Spends $1.4 Million On Game Character, Which His Friend Then Accidentally Sold For Only $552

:russ::russ::russ::russ:

You know he gets no p*ssy.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Whoops! According to South China Morning Post, a man in China spent an eye-watering $1.4 million on his character in MMORPG Justice Online. His buddy accidentally sold said character for a mere $552. The man filed a lawsuit against game company NetEase and his friend. Well, former friend, I guess.

The friend—er, defendant—had been loaned the character and reportedly tried to sell it back to the man for 388,000 yuan ($55,138). Instead, it was listed for 3,888 yuan ($552) on NetEase’s in-game marketplace and was soon purchased by another unrelated player. During the court mediation that followed, the defendant claimed the shockingly low price was due to a typo induced by exhaustion after a marathon gaming session.

ADVERTISEMENT

Games Sina}], licensor: null}" alt="null" class="i-amphtml-element i-amphtml-layout-responsive i-amphtml-layout-size-defined i-amphtml-layout" i-amphtml-layout="responsive" i-amphtml-auto-lightbox-visited="" lightbox="i-amphtml-auto-lightbox-1" style="display: block; position: relative; overflow: hidden !important;">
nb3fewzxpm1k0m6bih1s.jpg

Screenshot: Games Sina
South China Morning Post reports that the suit was settled by a judge who mediated the proceeding online. Authorities in China are now pointing to this mediation as a way judges can oversee legal disputes remotely.

:russ::russ::russ::russ:

You know he gets no p*ssy.
He's got 1.4 million to spend on a game character. He can buy p*ssy.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
What could he possibly have spent 1.4 million on :gucci:
digital crap... weirdos build whole lives on there.

I knew this nerd who used to fix our modded game systems back in the day. He was older than us and we would game with his brother on console. That dude graduated highschool and stayed in his basement playing games for 2 years after on this shyt called altima online or something. He wen't into debt for that game and finally was forced to stop playing but when he went outside he discovered p*ssy and never looked back.

the point of the story is stay away from incel lifestyles. they lead to bad places. if you got 1 dollar or 1 million you are still a loser if you a loser :lolbron:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What could he possibly have spent 1.4 million on :gucci:
Mmos are different. I remember playing FFXI and found out my character was worth $5000... I thought about selling it but all the work I put into it I wasn't gonna sell it..

teacher

All Star
Daps
Mmos are different. I remember playing FFXI and found out my character was worth $5000... I thought about selling it but all the work I put into it I wasn't gonna sell it..

:mindblown: you can make a living leveling characters :patrice:for 5k that thang would been sold:pachaha: