Make a great movie GOAT STATUS by recasting one character

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Yall might already think its GOAT but this guy

MV5BOWQxZGIyODMtMDZlYS00NWQ2LThhMTMtNTNkN2MyZWMzODY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIwODk1NTQ@._V1_.jpg

Was by far the worst charactor in the movie…he’s too soft, too fatherly, seems dumb or weak…he’s lost. Good actor but that was terrible casting…the movie would be possible on possibly goodfellas status or be better than a bronx tale, but instead its a great mob movie but has that glaring problem…as well as the music (scorsese problem) and its only arguably better than The Town

What movies would you improve to make it tier zero with a single recasting?

Last edited:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Any movie starring Charlie Hunnam.

I was watching King Arthur and before I feel asleep the movie was dope for every scene he wasn't in. Didn't like him in Pacific Rim either.

Jax Teller was the shyt but he never brought that kind of energy to these roles.

Every few years there's always one white guy, hell even white girl, that Hollywood pushes and they end up flopping. I'll name names of the other people is someone doesn't do it before me.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Departed is definitely better than a Bronx tale and the town
It gets a half lettergrade bump because of the cast and that its scorsese but it somehow gets worse each watch to me. The score is absolutely bad…probably his worst score ever even with the random ass wolf of wallstreet soundtrack. The rat ending is Spike lee levels of obviousness, and nicholson is a caricature at times.

A bronx tale is unquestionably better…i wont even have that conversation
The town is a better “boston crime” movie and the florist > costello. Overall it might not be better but i’d rather watch the town :manny:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

MV5BOWQxZGIyODMtMDZlYS00NWQ2LThhMTMtNTNkN2MyZWMzODY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIwODk1NTQ@._V1_.jpg

Was by far the worst charactor in the movie…he’s too soft, too fatherly, seems dumb or weak…he’s lost. Good actor but that was terrible casting…the movie would be possible on possibly goodfellas status or be better than a bronx tale, but instead its a great mob movie but has that glaring problem…as well as the music (scorsese problem) and its only arguably better than The Town

Sheen was fine IMO (he wasnt bad and his role doesnt have the ability to impact the movie too harshly in either direction) , I actually think replacing Jack Nicholson as Frank Costello could have elevated the movie. I have an issue with him feeling like 'Jack' in every role he was in (more so later half of career) - it might seem controversial to say this, but I think the movie could have been stronger with a different actor

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Sheen was fine IMO, I actually think replacing Jack Nicholson as Frank Costello could have elevated the movie. I have an issue with him feeling like 'Jack' in every role he was in (more so later half of career) - it might seem crazy to say this, but I think the movie could have been stronger with a different actor
I see what you’re saying, but, i think if you make sheen Ray Liotta, James Caan, Al Pacino, Paul Newman, robert duvall, it is significantly better…but if you make costello another actor unless its pacino or liotta or maybe chaz palmanteri if he can play irish, its not significantly better to me.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
new Jersey drive needed one of the main dudes to be a played by a popping street rapper at the time.
Now THAT is creative. Its a pantheon movie for me but probably gets viewed as well as menace if you change ritchie.

Broad.png

Make him: Sticky or Fredro, Shyheim the rugged child was actually the age they were playing at the time, 2pac himself, its better, i agree.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps

Wasn’t that what his character was supposed to be like? :unsure: The other cops referred to him as a “Boy Scout”

Would casting really make a difference if the character is written and directed the same?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
This a good one..I was watching New York Undercover recently & I think Nine could’ve been good in that role..I always thought Midget was a underrated actor tho
Yeah you can't change midget or tiny...I liked Sharon he seemed like a real fukkin dude in that movie, underrated acting. I think a more dynamic mom could've helped but the answer is changing Ritchie. Now he was good, but make him someone else and it's boyz n the hood status

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Wasn’t that what his character was supposed to be like? :unsure: The other cops referred to him as a “Boy Scout”

Would casting really make a difference if the character is written and directed the same?
I think he portrayed the character more aloof and lost than it should've been and I think the other actors could've been a boy scout without seeming like a dope, better.