Machete out here tryna fight people at a 4th of July parade.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.

Actor and Los Angeles native Danny Trejo was involved in a fight at an Independence Day Parade in L.A.’s Sunland-Tujunga neighborhood that was captured on video.

Witnesses say Trejo was riding in a vintage convertible when a paradegoer hurled a water balloon at him, which hit the vehicle and exploded.

The video shared on social media shows Trejo, 80, getting out of the car while surrounded by children and parents, walking to the sidewalk, and throwing a left hook at a man. His target countered, knocking Trejo to the ground.

Other people got involved in the ensuing scuffle, including some who restrained Trejo.

Law enforcement told TMZ that the crowd had dispersed by the time officers arrived, and no arrests were made.

Trejo, a reformed criminal who often portrays gangsters and tough guys in movies, including the “Machete” franchise, “From Dusk Till Dawn,” and “Once Upon a Time in Mexico,” later spoke with TMZ. He called the incident “childish” and said that those who threw the water balloon at him were “cowards.”

Footage obtained by TMZ shows actor Danny Trejo confronting a man along the Independence Day Parade route in Sunland-Tujunga in Los Angeles on July 4, 2024. (TMZ)
Trejo has parlayed his successful acting career into other fields. In recent years, he has opened a series of restaurants, donut shops and coffee shops and published a memoir in 2021.

KTLA has reached out to Trejo’s management for comment but has not received a response.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Seen him in person and I swear to god I thought he was a middle schooler the man is so tiny

2 one 3

wavy
Daps
Reppin
Westside
Damn I didn’t know cuz is 80…:ohhh:

I see a few of his taco businesses around Culver City and Santa Monica. I heard they are whack though.