get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Lupita Nyong’o Launches African Diaspora Podcast ‘Mind Your Own’​

'Mind Your Own with Lupita Nyong'o'

Sept 5, 2024

EXCLUSIVE: Black Panther star Lupita Nyong’o is launching a podcast centered on storytelling from the African diaspora.

Mind Your Own With Lupita Nyong’o will be a ten-part series about the African diaspora, and navigating what it means to belong, all from the African perspective. KQED’s Snap Studios is producing with Lemonada Media overseeing ad sales, marketing and distribution.

Nyong’o — who was born in Mexico, grew up in Kenya and has spent the last 20 years in the U.S. — will share personal tales from her life and hear intimate stories from others finding their way in cities such as Nairobi, Addis Ababa, Los Angeles, Johannesburg, Toronto and Kampala. There will be a diverse representation of African cultures, with six African languages spoken and music from 15 composers.

“It is deeply important to me that honest and authentic stories about the African experience are made widely available to all,” said Nyong’o. “This podcast is close to my heart, reflecting both my personal connection to these narratives and the work of the talented team of African voices, composers, and editors who brought them to life. I’m thrilled to partner with Lemonada Media to share this powerful series with a global audience.”

The first two episodes will launch on September 19 on all podcast platforms. New episodes will launch weekly and a trailer has launched