Lupe Fiasco Wants To Reboot Child Rebel Soldier Supergroup Without Original Members

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
Radiohead will be involved. Technically.

Child Rebel Soldier is a lost relic of the 2000s. The name was applied to a supergroup that only worked on two songs. The thing is, the members of the supergroup were so famous that fans continue to ponder what a full album could have sounded like. Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West and Pharrell was a dream lineup for any hip-hop fan, but their different career paths made the prospective album an impossibility. Lupe Fiasco wants to reboot CRS for modern times, but his vision may not be what fans had in mind.

In short, Lupe Fiasco wants to transform the supergroup into a solo venture. He recently talked about Child Rebel Soldier during an interview with Stereogum, and delved into the brand's potential. He even provided a time table on when fans can expect new CRS music. "I’m gonna reboot CRS in the next six months, maybe next year," Fiasco stated. "Tyler, [The Creator] has one of the CRS records. But it’s gonna go back to the original energy, which was me rapping over Radiohead beats." The concept of "original energy" was enlightening for readers, as the rapper detailed how CRS first started.

Source Lupe Fiasco Wants To Reboot CRS Supergroup Without Original Members

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Pharrell should be down to do it unless Kanye gets right…

Other than that, I’ll hear it

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
So then its just Lupe freestyling over Radiohead production. Interesting but not CRS without the other two.
Lupe: you know what would be awesome? 15 National Anthems

people who worked at Atlantic during Lupe's tenure:
dikembe-mutombo-annoyed.gif

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In all honesty, Lupe was the third wheel in that group. He's a better rapper than Kanye and Pharrell, but they could've put a dope rapper in Lupe's spot and had the same, if not better results. Both Kanye and Pharrell had better chemistry with other rappers and made far better music with other rappers than they did with Lupe. Lupe's best songs have nothing to do with Kanye or Pharrell.

Don't get me wrong, CRS was a dope idea on paper, but I never really thought that album would come to fruition anyway.

Put Pusha T in a group with Kanye and Pharrell. If Push's last album is any indication, that would be crazy. If you took Jay Z and did the same, it would be huge. Common would be another good fit.