LucasFilm Games Announces Cancellation of EA's Exclusive Gaming Rights...

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Disney announced the revival of Lucasfilm Games, an umbrella banner for which gaming titles from Lucasfilm will be housed. This includes, but is not limited to, Star Wars.

First came the announcement of a new Indiana Jones game from Bethesda’s MachineGames. Then came the news we were all awaiting: a new Star Wars game. Except this time, it is not being developed and published by Electronic Arts. Ubisoft’s Massive Entertainment will be developing a story-driven, open-world game set in the galaxy far, far away.

:blessed::blessed:
No more goofy lootbox schemes. :ohlawd:

( A new Indiana Jones game might be fire, too....)

AND....we're supposedly getting a brand new open-world Star Wars game from Ubisoft.

Case in point, the huge news that Lucasfilm Games and Ubisoft are collaborating on a new story-driven, open-world Star Wars game. It’s a genre long-requested by fans, and will come to life via Massive Entertainment, Ubisoft’s critically-acclaimed studio based in Malmö, Sweden. “We’re really excited about an opportunity to work with the team at Massive, led by David Polfeldt and the creative director, Julian Gerighty. We’ve spent almost a year now, working to get to know them and what they want to bring to the table,” Reilly says. “I’m a huge fan of them, personally. I think we’re really excited about where that project is going, because they have a unique vision for the story and the game they want to deliver.”

Lucasfilm Games Hits Lightspeed Toward the Future | StarWars.com

:win:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Dawg....ANYTHING is better than wack ass EA and their over-monetization schtick.

449222250.jpg

3.jpg

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I've wanted EA to die off for a long time now
Remember their single player games are dead stance from a while back

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Good fukk EA this thing only took like what 25+ years...:stopitslime: all that lootbox bullshyt for fukking nothing!!!

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
makes sense
Disney never took gaming seriously under Iger's run but this new Bob seems to understand it's a market they need be 80-100% in
they're probably going to make a ton of games and then just buy the studio that makes the best one( if they can)

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
makes sense
Disney never took gaming seriously under Iger's run but this new Bob seems to understand it's a market they need be 80-100% in
they're probably going to make a ton of games and then just buy the studio that makes the best one( if they can)

I think that's not a good strategy if they do decide to do something like that.

As illustrated by Battlefront, Empire At War, Rogue Squadron, Pod Racing, etc. Star Wars is best done in multiple genres of games. Licensing them out to multiple studios is going to be more lucrative than buying one or 2 studios that will likely only make one genre of game.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:blessed::blessed:
No more goofy lootbox schemes. :ohlawd:

( A new Indiana Jones game might be fire, too....)

AND....we're supposedly getting a brand new open-world Star Wars game from Ubisoft.

Lucasfilm Games Hits Lightspeed Toward the Future | StarWars.com

:win:

it’s good news but Disney needs to take the kid gloves off. They made respawn take out the limb dismemberment in Fallen Order so I imagine they’ll be pretty tame with dark side options in the open world game if they allow them at all.

Old school lucas games let you mind trick people into suicide jumps and shyt. Give me that again.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
it’s good news but Disney needs to take the kid gloves off. They made respawn take out the limb dismemberment in Fallen Order so I imagine they’ll be pretty tame with dark side options in the open world game if they allow them at all.

Old school lucas games let you mind trick people into suicide jumps and shyt. Give me that again.

They let that happen in the Force Unleashed II but the game bombed hard.

I'm sure in their small minds, that is why the game failed so I wonder if they will ever allow that again.