"Loving Vincent"

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This was amazing; I’ve never seen anything like it. Over 100 artists produced 900 pieces of artwork to make this film, all in tribute to Vincent Van Gogh. Each artist painted several, several portraits based on frames from a short film they were sent featuring real actors. The miracle of modern technology made it possible for their artwork to be transposed onto the film so that the actors live inside of the paintings. It was like Van Gogh’s artwork had been brought to life, but you could still see glimpses of the real people inside of the moving images.

Aside from that, the story depicted was fascinating. The movie makes you question some of the rumors about Van Gogh’s life and death, and it’s engaging with a really entertaining and sometimes touching murder (or suicide?) puzzle.

I’m not an artist but this man’s life is inspiring. He started painting at 28! And he only painted for 8 years before he died, but he produced over 800 paintings in those years. Only 1 of those paintings was sold during his lifetime. What I got from this film is that we never know the true impact we may have on the world and those around us, but we have to do what compels us while we’re here. I am truly inspired.

They’re gonna be showing Loving Vincent in classrooms for years to come. Watch.

10/10 for me.

morris

Superstar
Daps
This was amazing; I’ve never seen anything like it. Over 100 artists produced 900 pieces of artwork to make this film, all in tribute to Vincent Van Gogh. Each artist painted several, several portraits based on frames from a short film they were sent featuring real actors. The miracle of modern technology made it possible for their artwork to be transposed onto the film so that the actors live inside of the paintings. It was like Van Gogh’s artwork had been brought to life, but you could still see glimpses of the real people inside of the moving images.

Aside from that, the story depicted was fascinating. The movie makes you question some of the rumors about Van Gogh’s life and death, and it’s engaging with a really entertaining and sometimes touching murder (or suicide?) puzzle.

I’m not an artist but this man’s life is inspiring. He started painting at 28! And he only painted for 8 years before he died, but he produced over 800 paintings in those years. Only 1 of those paintings was sold during his lifetime. What I got from this film is that we never know the true impact we may have on the world and those around us, but we have to do what compels us while we’re here. I am truly inspired.

They’re gonna be showing Loving Vincent in classrooms for years to come. Watch.

10/10 for me.
Thanks for the review. Been meaning to watch this movie too. I hope it's as great as you say.