Looking to get a camera for video and stills, maybe a laptop as well

Daps
Im interested in doing some media projects such as interviews, vlogging, maybe some podcasting, and photography. What cameras would you guys recommend and why?

I need something that can turn out a good product, versatile enough for me to be creative and unique, but not heavy investment. I will put more into this once I see some results.

As far as the laptop, I need something that can be used for school and AV editing. Probably not an apple since they seem to always be pushing the envelope and incompatible with other people's technology. I was looking at Lenovo.

What do you recommend? What questions should I be asking?

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Around 300 for a camera

You need to increase your budget by at least $1000. You can't even get an entry level camera for $300. Like Kamikaze Revy said, for that budget just stick to your phone. Even then, photography accessories aren't cheap either. Stack your cash until you have at the max $3000. That will be for your camera, lights, soft boxes, stands, directional mic. And you can go cheap on the accessories. Get some Yongnuo lights. Your stands from Cheetah Stand or Neewer. Until then, just use your phone.

Check out this kit, and then keep scrolling down and let the site populate kits from other users for you.