Looking Back, Did CDPR's Marketing Team Do A Good Job With Cyberpunk Or Not?

looking back, did the marketing team do a good job or a bad job?

• they did an amazing job. their job was to hype the game and they did just that

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • they did a terrible job and were one of the biggest contributors into turning Cyberpunk into a joke/

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
their job was too hype the game (and they def did that), but their insane hype brought unrealistic expectations and put massive pressure on the dev team to deliver a nigh-impossible task

thinking about it I can't tell if they really ended up doing a good job or a bad job :jbhmm: on one hand, Cyberpunk was a massive success at launch from a sales perspective, but now the game and by extension CDPR are the laughing stock of the industry because of all the failed promises the marketing team made (which will affect post-launch sales numbers)

what do you think? :patrice:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Is this a joke thread?:mjtf:

The brunt of the cricitism for CDPR is because the deliberately lied and withheld how bad last gen, and lower end pc ran. They gave reviewers specific graphic cards and told them not to use their own footage in reviews.

It wasn’t ‘marketing’ it was false advertising.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The marketing team did a great job. The game just couldn’t match the hype.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Game was exactly what I thought it would be. I think they did a good job explaining what the game would be and also drawing up some hype for the game.

Their only misstep was allowing too much access to the development process, so when things inevitably changed, people were able to point at stuff and call it “lies”

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Game was exactly what I thought it would be. I think they did a good job explaining what the game would be and also drawing up some hype for the game.

Their only misstep was allowing too much access to the development process, so when things inevitably changed, people were able to point at stuff and call it “lies”

Yeah, if more games were shown off two-three years before release people would be shocked at how dramatically they change and the amount of cut content in them. That’s typically why developers aren’t so transparent but CDPR’s mistake was they blew their load to early with the announcement and the hype train began waaaay to early.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
People blaming the marketing team...the marketing team is the reason they made the money they did...

If they had just showed the game for what it was it would be viewed as just some run of the mill FPS....

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Marketing job did what they had to do. The developers and big wigs are the ones who fukked up.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Yeah, the hype went all the way to Mt Olympus
The actual game itself was a unprecedented clusterfukk

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Marketing team did a great job.

What was delivered is not the result of the marketing team.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
People blaming the marketing team...the marketing team is the reason they made the money they did...

If they had just showed the game for what it was it would be viewed as just some run of the mill FPS....
No it wouldn’t.

Game isn’t even a FPS as you can pretty much complete it without firing a single bullet.

It’s an RPG. They said that from jump.

People just assumed “GTA in the future” but that’s not what they said it would be at all.