@ London heads...whats good the weekend of July 18-20

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
That's gonna be my first stop in Europe on my mini europe run. Where's some coo spots to hit up...some non-touristy spots too.

I was supposed to go in April but had to push it back because of work.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anything particular you wanna see?

What you onto

Personally, I'd start my Saturday morning off in borough market at london bridge and go from there, drinking and eating my way through the day whilst taking in the main sites (or fukk the sites and just breeze past them on the way to another pub :myman: )

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Anything particular you wanna see?

What you onto

Personally, I'd start my Saturday morning off in borough market at london bridge and go from there, drinking and eating my way through the day whilst taking in the main sites (or fukk the sites and just breeze past them on the way to another pub :myman: )

I'm there from thurs morning to sat night...i wanna get a club in, and checkout a dub step spot...see what its all about...i'll be drunk the whole time. Any bar I pass I'm stumbling in, or I'm rolling with a flask.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok, you eating, cos alot of michelin star restaurants are doing lunch deals these days, I ate lunch in claridges for £30 last year, if you wanna see how posh london is, you could try it, really showed me how the other half live and it was a real experience, it's lunch, but lasts for about 3 hours, but you might not wanna waste time eating in a restaurant, but trust me, it's in Londons west end and is very, very upmarket for the £30 price tag (though its going through a transition atm)

http://www.claridges.co.uk/mayfair-restaurants-bars/

If you're looking for a london drinking experience, I'd start in Camden, they got a day time market with loads of pubs and street food, I'd start there about mid day, it's a good place, plus near to the west end, it should be hot on them dates, so you can sit at the canal on Camden lock and get fukked up, plus they got a wetherspoons pub there, if you wanna get drunk for cheap, wetherspoons is a pub chain out here, cheapest drinks, not the best atmosphere (they rarely play music), but decent for a day time drink or a start off pub, but the one in Camden is on the lock, so you can sit outside, so the atmosphere is good anyway.

I'll keep coming bavk to the thread with some ideas.

Can't help with clubs, I,m too old for that :scusthov:

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you got time, this is on the Saturday and it's free, says it will have live music, so bound to be women there :thirst:

http://www.londontown.com/LondonEvents/Lambeth-Country-Show/4d4f8/

The countryside comes to South London for a weekend, cows and all, as the leafy expanse of Brockwell Park welcomes herds of hairy visitors, accompanied by brilliant live music. The annual Lambeth Country Show is a weird and very entertaining mixture: city kids get to soak up a taste of rural England - falconry shows, jousting, sheep dog displays, a fruit and veg competition, steam engines and the like - then restore their urban cool with two days of top ska, soul and reggae with music from some of Brixton's finest soundsystems. Local acts feature on the main stage while over on the Village Green stage you'll find acoustic and folk music followed by some jazz and classical groups. A fantastic free family festival and a tribute to the enduring spirit of London's liveliest borough.

Not sure, if you have to leave before it gets good though, Cos it'll probably be more for kids during the day.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where's your hotel?

What kinda budget you gonna have? london can be as expensive as you like (like most cities), but you could probably get by on a lot less.

Like you could be drinking in expensive roof top bars in the west end or you could be drinking for next to nothing in Hyde park by the boating lakes (bring your own drink obviously), just don't wanna recommend stuff that's to expensive.

At that time london should be hot, so even if you ain't got loads of money, should be a good time for a walking sight seeing tour whilst going in some pubs and drinking in parks to keep costs down, at that time of year you'd be sitting outside the pub with your drink anyway.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Where's your hotel?

What kinda budget you gonna have? london can be as expensive as you like (like most cities), but you could probably get by on a lot less.

Like you could be drinking in expensive roof top bars in the west end or you could be drinking for next to nothing in Hyde park by the boating lakes (bring your own drink obviously), just don't wanna recommend stuff that's to expensive.

At that time london should be hot, so even if you ain't got loads of money, should be a good time for a walking sight seeing tour whilst going in some pubs and drinking in parks to keep costs down, at that time of year you'd be sitting outside the pub with your drink anyway.

Im gonna be in a hostel...I'm gonna be on Borough High street around the London Bridge. I'm guessign hyde park prolly isn't close by is it? I'm all about being cheap this trip, no girl with me...so no one to impress for any reason. Is London summer worse than NYC summer as far as heat?, 'cause our shyts be brutal at times.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im gonna be in a hostel...I'm gonna be on Borough High street around the London Bridge. I'm guessign hyde park prolly isn't close by is it? I'm all about being cheap this trip, no girl with me...so no one to impress for any reason. Is London summer worse than NYC summer as far as heat?, 'cause our shyts be brutal at times.

Nah man :heh: , you'll be lucky if it doesn't rain, but that time of year, I'm sure you'll be fine, it definately won't be too hot.

Your location is fine, your in the centre (more or less), ic you cross london bridge, you will be in our financial district (bishopsgate), so on Thursday and Friday night, this will be packed with city worker types, but if I were you and you're looking to have fun cheaply, I'd get some drink from the local supermarket (tesco or sainsburys) and chill down the south bank during the day, it's a long walking area on the south side of the Thames, you're staying 2 minutes from the start of it, (just walk through borough market and hug the river Thames), you got the Tate modern gallery (if you're into that?), but tbh, alot of people just sit on the grass areas and drink during nice days, then after you got a buzz going, walk towards the london eye (I wouldn't go on it, queue is massive and overpriced), but again there's a grass area where people way and drink abd there is all street performers there, after that you can cross Waterloo bridge and go into covent garden, which is a lively tourist area, but you'll pay for the privilege, the west end is the dearest place to eat/drink in london,look for happy hours, alot of places in covent garden do 2 for 1 from 5pm till 7pm.

Also, dont worry about your location, you can buy a daily travel card and you won't be more than half an hour from anywhere you wanna go in the city, you could get to Hyde park from borough high st in about 20 minutes, public transport is safe and usually efficient.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
South Bank London

Covent Garden London Official Guide

Borough Market | Borough Market

You're only a little walk away from tower bridge and the tower of london as well, I'd have a look at that, probably something you wouldn't have seen in America.

Find Out About The Tower of London, Official Site

Thanks for the help man....I'm hoping for a random hook-up also. My friend knows these 2 chiks who are roomates out there...I'm waiting for him to introduce me to them via email or fb.....after London i'm taking a quick flight to Amsterdam for 3days.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just got bsck from amsterdam lol, but tbh, in dam just wander round and sample what you like.