Logic's Trash Cover Of Ice Cube's "It Was A Good Day" Is As Bad As You Think It Is

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
MUSIC

Logic's Trash Cover Of Ice Cube's "It Was A Good Day" Is As Bad As You Think It Is​

Sadly, we can't unsee the video so we wrote about it.​

By
Candace McDuffie

PublishedYesterday

Comments (7)

Logic performs onstage during the 2023 BMG Pre-Grammy Party at Candela La Brea on February 01, 2023 in Los Angeles, California.Photo: Lester Cohen (Getty Images)

What the world absolutely, 1,000% didn’t need was Logic doing a cover of Ice Cube’s song “It Was A Good Day” but that’s what we got. On Monday, he released his own rendition of the 1992 classic and it’s just as bad as you think it is. Logic’s eighth album, College Park, was released last month to little fanfare.

Naturally, he decided to gain some traction by doing this extremely unnecessary cover. The video has received millions of views—most of which are presumably hate views—on social media and since we can’t unsee it, you must see it too:

Logic has been critiqued for his version of the song for many reasons: his singing/not rapping, saying the N-word in a downright uncomfortable manner, the way he lowered and tickled the microphone in a gross way, his decision to even do “It Was a Good Day” in the first place. He has been corny for many, many years and this just adds fuel to the fire.

Even Ice Cube’s son, actor O’Shea Jackson Jr., commented on how awkward it was:

Aside from his overall lack of talent, Logic’s entire career feels performative. Blackness and what is means to be a mixed raced person in America is inherently complex. However, choosing to poorly modify a rap classic by one of the most pivotal figures in the history of hip hop—someone who loudly protested the racist and violent treatment of Black men in this country—is definitely not it.

If there is one thing that we’re certain about, it’s that Logic will definitely continue to be corny af—consume his music at your own risk.
Aside from his overall lack of talent, Logic’s entire career feels performative. Blackness and what is means to be a mixed raced person in America is inherently complex. However, choosing to poorly modify a rap classic by one of the most pivotal figures in the history of hip hop—someone who loudly protested the racist and violent treatment of Black men in this country—is definitely not it.

If there is one thing that we’re certain about, it’s that Logic will definitely continue to be corny af—consume his music at your own risk.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
How you wearing thousands of dollars worth of jewelry, a Louis jersey that probably cost a few bands and have all them tats and still look like a dorky ass try hard wannabe cac. “nikka” looks like Opie found a time machine in 1955 and is trying his best to fit into 2023 society as a stereotypical rapper. :wtf: I swear of he said “no one I know got killed in Gaithersburg, M- Day” I would fukking lose it.

His whole appeal is that he is the face of Hip Hop fandom- white, suburban and corny while being just not white enough for white America to have some type of pseudo credibility all while being white as fukk at the same time. :gucci:

Last edited:
Daps
I only got 1 min into it before I turned it off, but it ain't the absolute worst thing I've heard in my life.

The way they wrote that article, I thought it was gon be as bad as that white girl that did that trash "Friday" song where you gotta wash out your ears after you listen.

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh:Nah Taylor Swift's September has the edge. Turned one of my favorite EWF songs to a horror movie theme.

wolfhowling-yes.gif

I had to look it up, this is TRASH :picard::picard::picard: but that logic is equally trash

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I was at the Y, on the walk track, over the basketball courts yesterday. There was a pick up game with a bunch of high school kids playing, when a little white kid about 12 came in wearing a red bandana, oversized patterned jeans, and some weird sweatshirt, and like 5 costume jewelry chains. He started swiping his finger in front of his nose, tapping his head, and doing some weird dance where he was like squatting and kicking his leg out, and just making a whole scene. I’m sure he saw some of that shyt on ballislife or something, but it was ridiculous. The whole pick up game stopped, and they just gathered around him, pretty much pretending that they were impressed, but low key closing on him. The whole thing was pretty jarring, and nobody in the whole equation were in the right, but it was interesting to see. Anyway, that kid in the bandana was logic in this video. He should have kept that at home, somebody should have told him not to do it, the world is not a better place because he made that ridiculous cover. The whole “grooving” to the shyt was weird to see.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
That wasn’t even terrible for what it was, a singing cover of a classic. :dahell: Folks are just so extra for no reason. If I was high and had my head phones on this would be smooth as fukk. Also cats saying this is the worst cover ever like little Richard didn’t have to put up with Pat Boones stealing ass and fight the urge to claw that cacs face up
200w.gif