Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
full

'Logan' Breaks Ground with Adapted Screenplay Oscar Nomination

logan_2017_16.jpg

James Mangold's film is the first superhero movie to to be recognized in the category.

After decades of comic book stories, Wolverine has reached a height no other superhero has before.

Logan has become the first superhero movie to land an adapted screenplay nomination at the Oscars, with Scott Frank, director James Mangold and Michael Green sharing the honor. (In 2004, The Incredibles scored an original screenplay nomination for Brad Bird.)

The R-rated movie served as a swan song for Hugh Jackman's Wolverine, the character he'd played through nine films over 17 years, as well as for Patrick Stewart's Prof. X. It ended up being the most successful of the Wolverine solo films, with $616.7 million worldwide at the box office and plenty of critical acclaim.

After a particularly strong 2017 for superhero films, fans wondered if Logan or Wonder Woman would break through in awards season. In the end, Wonder Woman was shut out of the Oscars; however, non-superhero but still geeky films fared well. Guillermo del Toro's The Shape of Water led the pack with 13 nominations, including for best picture, best original screenplay (Del Toro and Vanessa Taylor) and best director and acting nominations for Sally Hawkins, Richard Jenkins and Octavia Spencer. Writer-director Jordan Peele's horror hit Get Out earned nominations for best picture, director, original screenplay and best actor (Daniel Kaluuya).

And though it wasn't for a superhero movie, The Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan finally landed a best director nomination with Dunkirk. He's previously been nominated for screenwriting (Memento and Inception) and for producing a best picture nominee (Inception), but the directing nomination had eluded him, much to the frustration of the In Nolan We Trust faithful.

https://www.hollywoodrepo .. medium=twitter

Bottles of Ciroc on deck for March 4th
full

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I respect the logan stanning but I do NOT respect you stans trying to ride for pre - disney deal Fox movies only when it's convenient :logan2:

You MCU stans shyt on Fox every chance ya'll get acting as if 90 % of the x-men movies are trash. :logan:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I respect the logan stanning but I do NOT respect you stans trying to ride for pre - disney deal Fox movies only when it's convenient :logan2:

You MCU stans shyt on Fox every chance ya'll get acting as if 90 % of the x-men movies are trash. :logan:
Not an mcu stan, but 90% of x men movies are indeed trash :manny: