Local hip-hop radio stations in your city.

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
As I hear and read about NY hip-hop radio stations politics, it just had me thinking about TX hip-hop radio stations politics.

I’m from Houston but I stay in Dallas/Fort Worth and there is a big difference b/t the two hip-hop radio stations. Dtown radio is far better than Htown. Dtown radio has two stations 97.9 the beat and 104.5 and they support local artists. If it bumps, they are playing it. Evertime I go to Htown to visit family, I'm like :heh: this shyt sucks. It's like Htown hip-hop station is on que with BET 106 and Park music.

Htown on the other hand has one station (97.9 the box) and has never fully supported local artists. I remember back in the day (90’s) they wouldn’t north side Htown artists on the radio. That’s the real reason Michael “5000” Watts was able to create his own lane in Htown. And I’m still salty about 97.9 the box banning Trae The Truth. How in the hell you ban a popular local artist.

My questions are, do your local hip-hop radio station support local talent and are there politics involved?

Roxx the King

www.RoxxAlott.com
Daps
Reppin
Norfolk, VA
poilitics but they got the one standard hour of local shyt a week on sunday nights from 9 to 10, lol. 102.9 wowi aka 103jamz. they have some good mix shows and you can hear some good hip hop tho