Lmao old white people..........

ryshy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
newwave
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...402_1_skunk-reform-of-marijuana-laws-dan-linn

"A cautionary tale for the supposedly knowledgeable :

As I was making my way around the city over the last year or so, I began to smell skunk.

I smelled it everywhere. On the streets as I was biking. On sidewalks in the Loop. On the "L."

A friend of mine had been smelling it too — inside her apartment in a high-rise. She planned to ask the building's management to locate the skunks and evict them.

pixel.gif

Ads By Google
pixel.gif

Well, I'm an urban wildlife kind of gal. I know we share our city with coyotes, opossums, even foxes. Note to self, I thought: Find out and write story on why Chicago is being invaded by skunks.

One day on the North Avenue bus, I found myself sitting amid particular pungency.

"Can you believe it?" I asked the two young women sitting next to me. "So many skunks in the city lately!"

They glanced at each other, then back at me. They seemed to be trying not to laugh.

"That is the smell of skunk, isn't it?" I said, somewhat uncertainly.

"No, it isn't," one of the women murmured.

Not skunk? With that distinct smell?

"What is it then?" I asked.

They hesitated. Finally, one of them volunteered an answer, of sorts.

"It's … life," she said.

Life?

I left the bus mystified, but with a growing sense that I was smelling something other than skunk.

My CTA-mates had been youthful, so I sought out a young person I knew and asked:

Is there something around that smells like skunk but isn't skunk?

S******ing, chortling, then finally the answer.

Friends, if you think you know what marijuana smells like because you smelled it yourself in your possibly misspent youth, this news is for you:

It doesn't necessarily smell like that any more.

"The smell has changed," said Ryan Vandrey, a behavioral pharmacologist and assistantprofessor at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine who has studied marijuana for 12 years.

"Marijuana entrepreneurs have developed specific strains of marijuana that contain attractive characteristics," he said. "In some cases they'll breed them to have unique smells and tastes; in other cases, certain potencies or balances of chemicals."

"There's a whole range of smells. There are strains that have fruity aromas and fruity tastes and names like bubble gum and blueberry and grape."

"It's similar to how there are different strains of tomatoes," said Dan Linn,executive director of the Illinois chapter of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws. "The demand and the marketing have yielded this industry where it's more profitable to be able to have different varieties and different offerings for these consumers."

:bryan:@the nikkas who played the shyt out of her

skunk infestation:russ:

stoner fam represent we takin over lol