LL Cool J Admits He 'Completely Screwed Up' Controversial 'Accidental Racist' Song

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
LL Cool J is not a fan of his contribution to Brad Paisley’s 2013 song “Accidental Racist” and admits he completely missed the mark on that one.

Reflecting on his decades-long career in a conversation with Vulture published on Wednesday (September 4), LL said he “completely blew” it with his verse, which speaks from the perspective of a Black man talking to a white man from the south.

“I mean, I damn near don’t even want to bring it up, but if I have to it would be ‘Accidental Racist,'” he said. “Yo, I completely blew that one. Like, in terms of my intention versus how it came off to people. Oh my God. Like, I missed the mark crazy. And it always bothered me because my intention was absolutely not how it came off.

“I feel like it was like having a hot date with a vegan and setting everything up wonderful and the first thing the chef brings out is a big, juicy steak. But you think it’s vegan still, you know what I mean? I completely screwed that one up and didn’t mean to.”

He continued: “It was the worst kind of miss because it’s one thing to fail; it’s another thing to fail when you’re looking to do the right thing and you’re looking to say the right thing. And then it goes Gold, which is really fukking bizarre. I don’t even have a copy of the plaque.

“I never even asked for one. Like, I made songs that just weren’t great songs. Okay. I can live with that. But to have a song that garners that much attention and actually negatively impacts the way people perceive my intention was the worst. That shyt was the worst”

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
He aint got to admit that. Anyone with a brain knew it was bullshyt. Only his die hard fans and friends didn't hold him accountable.

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
This is what happens when you try to stay musically relevant & sell out for potential popularity over principal. :unimpressed: