Live video: George Zimmerman Trial - jury selection, trial, verdict, eye rolling

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
wow...so much for faith in the "judicial" system, I thought there was no bias. Moreso subjective than objective.

Those jurors would be looking out for Zimmerman, instead of making sure Trayvon Martin gets justice?

How? When this simpleton started the whole thing.

Zimmerman was a grown man harrassing teenagers and toddlers riding their bikes. How can anyone really be confused on something so obvious. If Zimmerman left Trayvon alone, Trayvon would be alive.

I can understand if Trayvon was committing a crime, trespassing, or being a public nuisance. Trayvon caught the attention of Zimmerman because he was black. How does it come down if Trayvon threw the first punch, the odds are never in your favor if the other guy has a gun and you are unarmed.

A.J.Soprano

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Burnt SUVs, Swimming Pools, Dominican dimes and Al
:jayshrug:
His dad is Jewish, and there's no way in hell he identifies as being Mexican.
Sure he's mixed, but he prob sees himself as nothing but white.

fuk all that, u are whatever u look like, regardless of who ur parents are.

He looks Mexican therefore he's mexican.

Obama looks black therefore he's black

That's as simple as it gets

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fuk all that, u are whatever u look like, regardless of who ur parents are.

He looks Mexican therefore he's mexican.

Obama looks black therefore he's black

That's as simple as it gets

That doesn't make sense. For one, the man carries the seed, so he determines what the child is, not the mother. If Obama is Black, then Zimmerman is white.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps

Nefflum nigga

Bred from insolence
Daps
Reppin
St.louis
I think the most damning evidence is the 911 call of them tellin Zimmerman to end his pursuit of Martin, and the one where you can hear Martin asking for help.

Even with race not being a factor(which it was)Zimmerman's blatant disregard of the law should be enough to convict him. But this is American justice so there's a strong possibility he'll either beat it or get hit with a light sentence.

sixsixtwo

M.O.B.
Daps
I'd prefer if 662 made it.

I almost made one for just "guilty/hung jury/walk free" :silvugh:

That's actually not that bad but I'll wait a bit to see if Vegas releases an official one.. If not, I'll go with that format..

Does anyone know when the trial is even supposed to start?

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I for one think that a jury of all women can work in the prosecutions favor if they nail in the jurors heads the image of Trayvon as a child....

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd say Zimmerman will walk now but that would be racial profiling:mjpls: I'm certain of a Hung Jury, leading to a re-trial.

Yung Yogurt

Culo Season
Daps
Reppin
Team Peakaboo
im so sick of double standards and white privilege. imagine if some grown black nikka killed a white kid because he looked suspicious ...the fact that his ass aint in prison right now proves how stupid the justice system is. if u want to get away with murder u might want to kill somebody black, because the chances are u gonna get away with it. zimmer gonna get what he deserves 1 way or another, karma will catch up to his dumb ass.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — The judge in the murder trial of George Zimmerman said Saturday that prosecution audio experts who point to Trayvon Martin as screaming on a 911 call moments before he was killed won't be allowed to testify at trial.

Judge Debra Nelson reached her decision after hearing arguments that stretched over several days this month on whether to allow testimony from two prosecution experts. One expert ruled out Zimmerman as the screamer and another said it was Martin. Defense experts argued there was not enough audio to determine who the screams are coming from. Zimmerman's attorneys also argued that the state experts' analysis is flawed.

Nelson ruled that the methods used by the experts aren't reliable. But her ruling doesn't prevent the 911 calls from being played at trial.

The screams are crucial pieces of evidence because they could determine who the aggressor was in the confrontation. Martin's family contends it was the teen screaming, while Zimmerman's father has said it was his son.

Opening statements are set for Monday in the second-degree murder trial for the former neighborhood watch volunteer who says he fired on the unarmed black teenager in self-defense last year. Zimmerman is pleading not guilty.

The elimination of the audio experts will likely shorten the trial by a week. Before the ruling, attorneys had predicted the trial could last two to four weeks after opening statements.
A spokeswoman for prosecutors didn't immediately return an email Saturday.

Audio experts from both sides testified at different times during the hearing, which stretched over three weeks. Voice experts were hired by lawyers and news organizations to analyze the calls, which were made during the confrontation between the two. The experts arrived at mixed conclusions.

In deciding whether to admit the voice-recognition technology used by prosecution audio experts Tom Owen and Alan Reich, Nelson had to determine whether it is too novel or whether it has been accepted by the scientific community at-large.

"There is no evidence to establish that their scientific techniques have been tested and found reliable," the judge said in her ruling.

Owen was hired by the Orlando Sentinel last year to compare a voice sample of Zimmerman with screams for help captured on 911 calls made by neighbors. He said Zimmerman's voice doesn't match the screams. He only compared Zimmerman's voice to the 911 calls because he didn't have a voice sample for Martin at the time.

"The screams don't match at all," Owen testified during the hearing. "That's what tells me the screams aren't George Zimmerman."

Owen also testified that remarks Zimmerman made in a conversation with a police dispatcher aren't a racial slur. He testified Zimmerman said, "These f------ punks."

Reich testified in a report for prosecutors that the screams on the 911 tapes were from Martin, and the defense does not want him to testify at trial.

Reich's analysis also picked up words that other experts couldn't find. They include the words, "This shall be" from Zimmerman and "I'm begging you" from Martin.

Reich's testimony would "confuse issues, mislead the jury," the judge said.

In contrast, a British audio expert testified for the defense that it would be extremely difficult to analyze voices by comparing screaming to a normal voice.

"I've never come across a case in my 13 years where anybody's tried to compare screaming to a normal voice," said audio expert Peter French.

A second audio expert for the defense, George Doddington, also criticized prosecution experts who said Friday that screams and pleas on a 911 recording likely belonged to Martin.

"It's all ridiculous," Doddington said.

Judge: No audio testimony in Zimmerman trial

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Meet the jurors in the George Zimmerman trial

Six women were chosen to serve on the jury in the trial of George Zimmerman, the Florida neighborhood watch captain accused of murder in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

The six jurors and four alternates went through a nearly two-week long process of jury selection, where they answered questions about their knowledge of the case and opinions on subjects including guns, law enforcement and media bias.

Below are general descriptions of the jurors, identified by numbers assigned to them by the court to protect their identities:

6 JURORS:

B-29: Described as a Hispanic woman, who works as a nurse treating patients with Alzheimer's. She has seven children and lived in Chicago at the time of the February 2012 shooting. Supposedly she is black and Hispanic.

B-76: Described as a white middle-aged woman, who said Zimmerman had an "altercation with the young man. There was a struggle, and the gun went off."

B-37: Described as a middle-aged white woman, who works for a chiropractor and has many pets. She described protests in Sanford sparked after the delay in Zimmerman's arrest as "rioting."

B-51: Described as a retired white woman from Oviedo, Fla., who has a dog and 20-year-old cat. She knew a good deal about the case but said, "I'm not rigid in my thinking."

E-6: Described as a young white woman and mother, who used to work in financial services. She used this case as an example to her adolescent children, warning them to not go out at night.

E-40: Described as a white woman in her 60s, who lived in Iowa at the time of the shooting. She heard national news reports and recalls the shooting was in a gated community and a teenager was killed.

4 ALTERNATES:
E-40: Described as a white man in his 50s. He cautioned his 16-year-old stepson about wearing hoodie, which Trayvon Martin was wearing at the time of the shooting.

B-72: Described as a Hispanic man in his 20s, who works as maintenance technician at a school. He is a self-described power lifter and arm wrestler.

E-13: Described as a white woman in her 20s. She has brother who is black. She says she "never" watches the news, but when she first heard of shooting thought it was a "racial thing."

E-28: Described as a white middle-aged woman, who works as a nurse and says she listens to a lot of radio on her 15-minute commute. She said she knew little about the case and has no opinion about Zimmerman's guilt.

Read more: Meet the jurors in the George Zimmerman trial | Fox News

B-37 = vote to acquit :snoop:
B-51 = probably had the :youngsabo: look on the inside when she said, "I'm not rigid in my thinking."

Those two should definitely not have made it to the jury.