List of rappers who brag about not doing drugs, drinking/having fun

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Jay used to

somewhat relaxed his stance over the years, but was never really talking about drugs and alcohol like that, beyond cursory mentions of bottles and nightclubs

50, because he was too much of a self proclaimed alpha male predator to let his guard down lol

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Jay used to

somewhat relaxed his stance over the years, but was never really talking about drugs and alcohol like that, beyond cursory mentions of bottles and nightclubs

50, because he was too much of a self proclaimed alpha male predator to let his guard down lol

"I stay high all the time" :francis:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
"I stay high all the time" :francis:

Label song, along with a few others, it was because they knew his fan base, kids my age would eat it up, and we did, rolling our strawberry swishers to his music as we emulated the street edged soundtrack, that you could be a weed smoker, a drug dealer, and a serious minded businessman at the same time.

lol

That's where to me, 50's debut major label falls short

those are clearly label inspired tracks, and not 50's creative work

The Massacre had way less of that, just more industry bloat and forced club singles

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Label song, along with a few others, it was because they knew his fan base, kids my age would eat it up, and we did, rolling our strawberry swishers to his music as we emulated the street edged soundtrack, that you could be a weed smoker, a drug dealer, and a serious minded businessman at the same time.

lol

That's where to me, 50's debut major label falls short

those are clearly label inspired tracks, and not 50's creative work

The Massacre had way less of that, just more industry bloat and forced club singles

whole lotta verbal diarrhea In that post dawg; not relative to the origins of the thread :francis:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
whole lotta verbal diarrhea In that post dawg; not relative to the origins of the thread :francis:
well it's an expansion of it but yeah

the idea is central to why verses/songs about smoking and drinking are so popular,

the other is pretty tangential, but again goes back to 50 being an artist who didn't smoke but glamorized it to help sell records