Lionsgate Inks Deal With 50 Cent to Launch FAST Channel

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
Lionsgate has inked a deal with rapper and TV mogul Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson to launch a free ad-supported channel, 50 Cent Action.

The new FAST channel will offer premium content from Lionsgate’s library, including the original Power series. Other action fare to land on the FAST channel from the Hollywood studio’s vault will include popular movies like The Expendables, The Hitman’s Bodyguard and Rambo, and over a dozen films that starred Jackson

Lionsgate said it will work with Jackson to promote and curate the 50 Cent Action channel. “50 Cent’s movies and television series are synonymous with non-stop action, and we’re thrilled to extend our longstanding partnership into the FAST space,” Lionsgate president of worldwide television distribution Jim Packer said in a statement

Jackson will partner with the Hollywood studio via his G-Unit Film and Television and G-Unit Studios banners. “This channel will bring diverse, action-packed content to audiences everywhere, reflecting my passion for storytelling and providing a platform for fresh, dynamic voices. I look forward to working closely with all the FAST platforms to make this a successful channel,” the rapper said in his own statement

In The Hollywood Reporter’s July 31 cover story on Jackson, he touted the “huge library” of action movies that will be part of the roster. “I’ll make sure the quality of everything is there,” he said. “The platform has to be able to fit my original material. … Give me one year and I’ll be ranked the highest FAST channel.”

Lionsgate has launched around two dozen FAST channels worldwide, including Ebony TV and MovieSphere. The studio sees growth potential after pointing to channels targeted at Black audiences making up just 2 percent of all available FAST channels in the U.S. market, when African Americans represent 14 percent of the U.S. population.

50 Cent is repped by Independent Artist Group and attorney Stephen Savva.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Three modes. Trolling, Hustling, and c00ning.

Ok two responses, well one a question really…

The serious response/question and running gag trolling response

1. Serious - What he do to be c00ning? Straight up, I missed that one
  2. Trolling/Running Gag - c00ning? Oh that’s cute coming from the guy who left Harlem, turned his back on the community and The Defenders to put on a suit and became a drug lord in a club that pushing poison and crime to the community :pacspit:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
More slop. He's really on his Tyler Perry shyt, with different sides of the same anti-black male stereotype coin.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Ok two responses, well one a question really…

The serious response/question and running gag trolling response

1. Serious - What he do to be c00ning? Straight up, I missed that one
  2. Trolling/Running Gag - c00ning? Oh that’s cute coming from the guy who left Harlem, turned his back on the community and The Defenders to put on a suit and became a drug lord in a club that pushing poison and crime to the community :pacspit:
1) He attends Trump Rallys
2) I never left harlem,:dame: i just started running a club there