Reppin
Detroit
xqtkai-zqtkai.gif

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lil Kim ruined it for the talented female MC that doesn't use sex for sales. She started the whoredom that destroyed the black female MC.

LaurynHillTheMiseducationofLaurynHillalbumcover.jpg

Eve_LetThereBeEve.jpg

Missy_Elliott_Supa_Dupa_Fly.jpg

While Missy later became sexual, it was more tongue in cheek barring maybe a few songs. Still, those women were just as successful and in some cases MORE successful than Kim without relying on overt sexual content.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
oh wow…forgot about rolonda watts

can’t say it enough…kim was so beautiful back in the day smh
Rolonda Watts is the show that introduced Mystakal nationally. He was just a local rapper and a chick said she wanted to meet him and she had him on the show performing "yall aint ready". This was BEFORE the song blew up in rap mags, Rap City, Soul Train, and the Jive re-release of his debut. I was watching that day and recording for some reason and I looked at that episode over and over wondering why this rapper was not big. Then he was everywhere all of a sudden.

As for Lil kim... she was dissed for this style of hip hop and now it's the STANDARD for female mcs. The more whorish, the more praised..

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Women were fighting against being represented in that way and it was clearly a losing battle. It's disturbing that we keep fighting to have the worst representation possible under the guise of "freedom of expression".

When you see women celebrating vulgarity in lyrics as a form of empowerment, just know that they were sold a bill of goods by people who wanted to see them destroyed.

:francis:

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Man times have changed. Today's female rapper and social media now would call anyone who criticizes thot rap misogynists

To Kim's credit she didn't get into a back and forth with them (unless there's a full version where she does)...the look on her face was pure ":manny: I'm making money tho" lol

nightpupil

ElderzInMegaHallz
Daps
LOL why are they performing and everyone getting down in a talk show to shame them?? I get it I get it. it's funny though