Lil Durk Says Being A Muslim & Gang Life Don’t Go Together: ‘I’ma Be The One Who Say It’

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Lil Durk’s attempts to control how he’s labeled led him to make a series of statements on social media about religion and gangs.

On Sunday (August 18), Durk posted a photo to Instagram and captioned it: “Don’t label me nothing outside of A MAN A FATHER and A 1000% Muslim.”

He followed that up with a long message on his IG Story (visible here) in an attempt to expand on the statement.

“I don’t gangbang I’m a Muslim,” Durkio wrote. “Basically what I was saying on my post in so many words you can’t do both ima be the one who say it.

“So if you follow me as a brother, a friend, an icon, follow me to my new chapter of life. When I make music I rap what I seen and been through not telling you to go do it HUGE difference the music won’t change but my life goals will.”

In addition to religion and gangs, Durk has had other things on his mind recently, like fatherhood.

Earlier this summer, Durk revealed he’s “happy now” while spending time with all of his kids for Father’s Day.

The Chicago rapper took to social media on Monday, June 17 to share a family photo alongside 10 kids.

“Delete unhappy Father’s Day song out my catalog I’m happy now,” he wrote.

Durk’s comment about deleting “Unhappy Father’s Day” refers to his 2022 song from his 7220 album, expressing he no longer feels that way about the annual day.