Lifting after a long layoff unappreciation thread

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
At the beginning of August I rolled my ankle pretty badly and I didn't want to put any pressure on it, so I took all of August off from lifting :flabbynsick:. I spent September just doing cardio and testing my ankle to see if I could finally get over the mental hump of hating running :beli:. Today was the first day I've worked with weights in over two months and I felt so weak. :mjcry: Weights that caused me to break a mild sweat a few months ago had me struggling today. I know it was to be expected after such a layoff, but it's still humbling. I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow, but the first step is to just get back in there. :manny:

ReadOneBookAWeek

Smoking on a Cac Pack
Daps
just now getting back into my bar routine after being overloaded with work for the past 4 months. Have to keep the long term goals in mind and remember that the work we put in takes time to show. Getting back consistently for the first month is the hardest but after that It becomes hard NOT to train.

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
At the beginning of August I rolled my ankle pretty badly and I didn't want to put any pressure on it, so I took all of August off from lifting :flabbynsick:. I spent September just doing cardio and testing my ankle to see if I could finally get over the mental hump of hating running :beli:. Today was the first day I've worked with weights in over two months and I felt so weak. :mjcry: Weights that caused me to break a mild sweat a few months ago had me struggling today. I know it was to be expected after such a layoff, but it's still humbling. I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow, but the first step is to just get back in there. :manny:

I hate that feeling. You'll get it back though

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I was getting back into a nice routine then I got sick and had to take a week off. This fricking sucks :mjcry: