Lettuce discuss the everybody wins mentality.

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
Its becoming a bigger and bigger trend in schools and sports. Everybody is a winner, no one loses. shyt some places even make you sit your players if your winning by too much, removing goalies and other shyt to allow the other losing team to catch up. No score keeping and shyt and saying everyone is a winner.
I find it pretty disgusting, this movement seems to have gained alot of momentum since the 90s. We all know the world dont work like that, we are in constant competition for everything in life. Why is this ok to do in sports? We dont do that in any other field, the schools dont apply this to academics.
Could you imagine the teach walking in like, well we all tried on the test, so everyone is getting A's :smile:

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
tumblr_m0zqaymAm91roe11qo2_500.gif

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Its annoying and I hate it. I started going through it a little when I was young but now its really bad now that my son is playing sports. Its almost like he gets sh!tted on for actually being good at a sport. His team stopped giving MVP awards after parents complaints and last year EVERYBODY on his football team got a MVP award. It was probably the gayest thing I've seen

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's becoming a very big problem. Here in Canada it's almost impossible to hold a kid back a grade. The argument is that the damage his self esteem would take by being held back would be worse than the damage it would take with him attempting to learn things he didn't have the foundation for :wtf:

Now, I don't think a Japanese or Korean style system of intense competition is the answer - the youth suicide rates in those countries are pretty fukking disturbing - but I think the emphasis on making people feel good about themselves has gone too far. To the point where people aren't prepared for the next stage in their lives (high school, university, workplace, successfully running a family)

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
I know this couple that is raising their kids this same way so I was just having this conversation lately

I guess this is tha new trend