Lets talk Phantom Dust....

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Anybody played the original? When Microsoft announced the reboot a bunch of people were hella excited, but I had never even heard of the game.

In a recent interview I heard that it was a full JRPG mixed with Powerstone and yu-gi-oh.

Is this an accurate description? If so this game has instantly moved to one of my most anticipated.

Thoughts?

Romell

Superstar
Daps
I had only played a demo of this on Xbox so to hear them say it will be a jrpg is interesting. I'm kind of hungry for a jrpg on the one so that's a good thing tbh. I expect the powerstone aspect will come into play for multiplayer.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I was very interested in the OG and it's premise but never hit to play it. I remember extended play(xplay) reviewed it and it had me intrigued.

I think there were a bunch of Cards or something that you collected and they each gave you moves or something.

Look forward to the sequel.

-DMP-

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I don't get why lames one star threads like this for no fukkin reason. nikkas are legitimately discussing gameplay.

I forgot that this series was getting rebooted. I never got into the first one, admittedly, but it always looked really cool to me. Hope to have an Xbone by the time this and that exclusive PG game comes out

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
I played and still own the original copy on xbox. Very unique game. Although, I will admit that the game was a little bare bones when it came to presentation and story, however it did have a lot of depth that made up for it. It did enough to keep me interested until the end. I wonder what they would do with a sequel, most likely I will end up copping it.

BasedPrime

Xbox Woe
Daps
Never even heard of this series.

What a surprise :skip:

I didnt play the original mainly cuz it was one of the last games released for the OG and only thing I did was collect those weird ass jap games. Did play Otogi tho :jawalrus:and Shenmue :lawd:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I played and still own the original copy on xbox. Very unique game. Although, I will admit that the game was a little bare bones when it came to presentation and story, however it did have a lot of depth that made up for it. It did enough to keep me interested until the end. I wonder what they would do with a sequel, most likely I will end up copping it.

Its actually not a sequel. Its a "Re-imagining" as they called it.

Would you say the description in the OP is accurate? JRPG+powerstone+ card based strategy game?

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Its actually not a sequel. Its a "Re-imagining" as they called it.

In that case then, I don't know if I would be as interested in a purchase if the game is merely an HD version of the same game. Unless by "re-imagining" they add to the game, which I hope is the case.

Would you say the description in the OP is accurate? JRPG+powerstone+ card based strategy game?

I thought Armored Core (as strange as that sounds) the way the mission-based story is set-up. The battle arena/powerstone comparison is kind of accurate. As I mentioned, I felt more of a Armored Core vibe than a JRPG. A better comparison would be the first Lost Planet with powerstone/strategy/card battles .

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
In that case then, I don't know if I would be as interested in a purchase if the game is merely an HD version of the same game. Unless by "re-imagining" they add to the game, which I hope is the case.

I thought Armored Core (as strange as that sounds) the way the mission-based story is set-up. The battle arena/powerstone comparison is kind of accurate. As I mentioned, I felt more of a Armored Core vibe than a JRPG. A better comparison would be the first Lost Planet with powerstone/strategy/card battles .
No its not a HD remake. Its a totally new game. Its just not a sequel, its a Re-telling of the original story.

And thanks for the info. I like armored core too. This game seems to be right up my alley.