Let's talk about the most unnecessary/avoidable death in the whole Breaking Bad universe

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
i've seen all seasons of BB, Saul and El Camino multiple times, if you ain't tryna be spoiled i suggest leaving the thread right now :ufdup:

Mike's death was by far the most unnecessary/avoidabe death in the whole universe to me and it was so unnecessary that it lowkey kinda fukked up with the characterization of Walt being presented in that season IMO

Walt would've know the whole time exactly who he could've got the names from, yes he had an extreme amount of ego at that point which Mike bruised but ain't no way in hell Walt would've acted on impulse and just shot the dude like that when dude was about to leave for good Walt was entirely too calculated for that.. dude didn't usually act off emotion or impulse

Mike could've been chilling in Alaska somewhere with his own spinoff movie :pachaha: but had to die cause he went off on Walt which wasn't even nothing new cause they had been arguing heavy and having back and forths for that entire season

runner up to me would be Howard Hamlin but he came across Lalo and Lalo is Lalo :manny: Kim was lowkey lucky she didn't get clipped as well in that scene

honorable mention to the kid who got killed at the end of the train heist but thats cause fukkboy Todd was there and killing the kid was necessary in fukkboy Todd's mind so it made sense :yeshrug:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Mike's death was by far the most unnecessary/avoidabe death in the whole universe to me and it was so unnecessary that it lowkey kinda fukked up with the characterization of Walt being presented in that season IMO

Walt would've know the whole time exactly who he could've got the names from, yes he had an extreme amount of ego at that point which Mike bruised but ain't no way in hell Walt would've acted on impulse and just shot the dude like that when dude was about to leave for good Walt was entirely too calculated for that.. dude didn't usually act off emotion or impulse

You actually accurately described why this was a genius move by the writers. THIS is the real Walter. An emotionally unstable fragile man who hides it under layers and layers of calculations and intellect.

Mike broke him down and pierced the veil, he saw the true Walter and in return the true Walter lashed out.

This is the Walter who walked away from billis before the show even started because he got offended by his former friends.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I don't see how Howard's death could have been prevented in that situation.

• Dap
Reactions: 2CT

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You actually accurately described why this was a genius move by the writers. THIS is the real Walter. An emotionally unstable fragile man who hides it under layers and layers of calculations and intellect.

Mike broke him down and pierced the veil, he saw the true Walter and in return the true Walter lashed out.

This is the Walter who walked away from billis before the show even started because he got offended by his former friends.
That break down makes sense. He propped up his frail ego with his intelligence.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Mike had too much mouth. Walt at that point had already killed Gus Fring you think he was about to let ol boy keep second guessing him every step of the way? You can’t be big time with people like that left around.
Mike was also a fukking idiot. Using the same lawyer and the same bank for all the hazard pay deposits? Thats naive as fukk.

Plus he had to know at least one would flip. The one guy he met was already sweating the years let alone the money. The money aint shyt; one of those guys wouldve flipped.

If Mike were smart, he wouldve proposed selling the recipe and distribution as soon as gus died, and let the DEA think they solved the whole case

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They had Walt do that shyt specifically to piss the audience off, no doubt about it

They didn't want people walking away from this show siding with Walt or thinking he's a/the good guy

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn this just reminded me to finish Sopranos ASAP cuz I know it’s only a matter of time before one of these titles ruins that shyt :pachaha: Yall well within your rights with these old ass shows

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
I don't see how Howard's death could have been prevented in that situation.
yeah that my point it was pretty much wrong place wrong time for him :manny:

that’s why i said if the mission didn’t need to be ran Kim probably woulda got popped too

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
They had Walt do that shyt specifically to piss the audience off, no doubt about it

They didn't want people walking away from this show siding with Walt or thinking he's a/the good guy

yep exactly, they wanted to make it seem like his emotions got the best of him to make him undermine his own intelligence to do some evil shyt then come back with a sorry ass apology talking bout some “I coulda get the names from Lydia” :what:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yall forget Mike's personal dislike for Walter did him in. He never liked the guy really from jump because here is another white man that used to be scientist trying to get into something he never did and be successful.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Mike used to be punking the shyt out walter for years. He had it coming. fukk him :manny:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Lets also not forget how he did that Architect dude and was ready to do Walt. fukk Mike