Let’s talk about studio acquisitions.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Which studio do you think is potentially next for Sony and Microsoft to buy?

I think the really big ones like EA and Take Two are off limits. They’re far too big and powerful and unlike Zenimax who were looking to sell, I don’t think these two want to sell.

Ubisoft is one that I think could be potentially bought. Their IPs are huge and whoever gets them as exclusives will deal a huge blow. IO interactive and Remedy are potential buys as well

I think the Japanese developers are safe. Microsoft won’t buy them because of the lack of popularity of the console over there and since their games sell well on PlayStation, wouldn’t make sense for Sony to buy them.

wouldn’t surprise me if Sony were to buy Emberlabs. They’re clearly very talented and for a small studio to make a great looking game like Kena is impressive.
who else am I missing?:patrice:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
giphy.gif

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I could see Sony aquiring either kadowka or Arcsys especially after that evo purchase. Sony is good on western studios.

Microsoft can’t see them buying anything Japanese. I could see them grabbing blizzard

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Which studio do you think is potentially next for Sony and Microsoft to buy?

I think the really big ones like EA and Take Two are off limits. They’re far too big and powerful and unlike Zenimax who were looking to sell, I don’t think these two want to sell.

Ubisoft is one that I think could be potentially bought. Their IPs are huge and whoever gets them as exclusives will deal a huge blow. IO interactive and Remedy are potential buys as well

I think the Japanese developers are safe. Microsoft won’t buy them because of the lack of popularity of the console over there and since their games sell well on PlayStation, wouldn’t make sense for Sony to buy them.

wouldn’t surprise me if Sony were to buy Emberlabs. They’re clearly very talented and for a small studio to make a great looking game like Kena is impressive.
who else am I missing?:patrice:
Very impressive indeed. And I'm gonna let you finish that but I do feel you should check out the receipts first before you give all the credit to just one source when there's plenty of people to thank...
Ember Lab signed a console-exclusive deal with Sony Interactive Entertainment. The team grew to 15 core employees, with additional help outsourced to other studios.[4]

For the game's art, Ember Lab partnered with Vietnamese animation studio Sparx. The team visited the studio in Vietnam early in development to ensure a smooth process. Lead environment artist Julian Vermeulen worked with both studios.[4] An early prototype used the Unity game engine, but later shifted to Unreal Engine 4.[3] The majority of development took place on PlayStation 4;[7] the team was unsure if they would be provided a development kit for the PlayStation 5, but Sony eventually approved.[4] The team wanted to make a "rich experience" that could be completed in a weekend.
So while I would love to give them the credit for the game, coli policy says if you outsource then it doesn't count. Sorry, I didn't make Sony Stan rules, I just have. make sure they apply to Sony stans :francis:

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
The Microsoft/Bethesda shyt still got y'all paranoid. :mjlol:

Y'all got to understand that was right place, right time, right circumstance, type of thing.

You're not going to see big publishers getting bought out left and right when they are making more money than ever.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
Sht Sony and Microsoft might merge. Sony is delivery one of a kind experience time and time again. Microsoft been focusing on delivering service. Wouldn’t be monopoly cuz Nintendo got a market and there’s pc and mobile gaming.

That’s my wildest thought :manny: