Let's settle this for the record: Who was the BADDEST out of these?

Who's the baddest mofo up in dis THANG?

• John Shaft

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Sweetback

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Youngblood Priest

• Tommy "Black Ceasar" Gibbs

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • John "Goldie" Mickens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffy

• Foxy Brown

• Willie Dynamite

• Silky Slim

• "Geechie Dan" Beauford

• MacArthur "Kansas City Mac" Clutch

• Hiawatha "Biggie" Smalls

• Dolemite

• J.D. Walker

• Leroy Green

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
paid the cost to be the boss

images

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
no black belt jones but a leroy green category? :francis:

jim kelly was running black ops in vietnam while leroy was writing book reports on the vietnam war...

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
no black belt jones but a leroy green category? :francis:

jim kelly was running black ops in vietnam while leroy was writing book reports on the vietnam war...
I've seen most blaxploitation films and didn't recognize the last name. I was holding the L in silence, but once you mentioned Jim Kelly, I figured it out.

Since the thread title is what is is....Leroy should be removed from the list for

Who's the BADDEST?

images

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I've seen most blaxploitation films and didn't recognize the last name. I was holding the L in silence, but once you mentioned Jim Kelly, I figured it out.

Since the thread title is what is is....Leroy should be removed from the list for

Who's the BADDEST?

images

they based kung fu joe from "im gonna git you sucka" off this classic character...

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

they based kung fu joe from "im gonna git you sucka" off this classic character...

yeah, i'm a fan of the genre..........JK was a great fighter.......no screen presence or charisma though

As a fellow fan of the genre, which film do you think parodied those films best....IGGYS, BLACK DYNAMITE ,or UNDERCOVER BROTHER

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
yeah, i'm a fan of the genre..........JK was a great fighter.......no screen presence or charisma though

As a fellow fan of the genre, which film do you think parodied those films best....IGGYS, BLACK DYNAMITE ,or UNDERCOVER BROTHER
IGGYS i grew up on. it's hard to compare. i enjoy them all though.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness

You know what...I haven't seen Black Dynamite to this day...did I lose?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
You know what...I haven't seen Black Dynamite to this day...did I lose?
no, if you've seen" I'm gonna git you sucker", and caught the jack of spades video you're good money

I think that's where BD & UB failed, the music was always a selling point for classic blaxploitation films....often as good or better than the film.........IGGYS won by getting BDP to do this song.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
no, if you've seen" I'm gonna git you sucker", and caught the jack of spades video you're good money

I think that's where BD & UB failed, the music was always a selling point for classic blaxploitation films....often as good or better than the film.........IGGYS won by getting BDP to do this song.

This is a good point. A lot of the classic films music was on point...Superfly is one of the few films in history where the soundtrack grossed more than the movie. Even the theme to IGGYS was hittin'.