Lets revisit the Ice T sonning Soulja Boy moment, who did you lose respect for?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Ice T kept it real

Soulja boy was young so i dont blame him for his response

HOWEVER, two people I did lose respect for was SNOOP and TIGGA

That faggit Tigga said some shyt like "i was really proud how you handled that in a mature way" shyt im like :wtf:

Then of course 'Uncle Snoop' sided with soulja boy over Ice T :what:

Say what you want about lil bow wow but he was one of the only nikkas to scold soulja boy, maybe you can say it was cuz he was jealous of soulja boys come up, but he still did it :manny:

Hip Hop has no back bone, its kinda sad to see OGs in the game defend a lil nikka disrespecting the GODFATHER OF GANGSTER RAP and saying Nas killed hip hop.

Thats like you 16 and you tell your mom "mom you the reason we strugging right now shyt get yo shyt together" and every adult in ur family take ur side instead of beating yo ass and putting you in your place

BlackZilla

M0derator
Daps
I've lost respect for Snoop Dogg a long time ago...it surprising...I probably had about a million passes to give Snoop just for DoggyStyle alone, and he has successfully used up each and every one of those million passes to the point that I no longer have any more passes...or fukks to give about Snoop Dogg. :snoop:

And fukk Tigga, Ghostface had that dude shook on some Paulie from Goodfellas kinda shiznit. :russ:

And well to be fair to Soulja, Ice T came at him first, and Soulja had to defend himself. If he didn't, we would be treating him the same way we're treating Jeezy for not responding to Gucci Manes whack disses. i.e. saying that he has no backbone or whatever. Legend or not, someone steps to you, you have to defend yourself. :yeshrug:

I didn't know about the Nas bit though...Soulja just said that out of the blue? :why:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
I've lost respect for Snoop Dogg a long time ago...it surprising...I probably had about a million passes to give Snoop just for DoggyStyle alone, and he has successfully used up each and every one of those million passes to the point that I no longer have any more passes...or fukks to give about Snoop Dogg. :snoop:

And fukk Tigga, Ghostface had that dude shook on some Paulie from Goodfellas kinda shiznit. :russ:

And well to be fair to Soulja, Ice T came at him first, and Soulja had to defend himself. If he didn't, we would be treating him the same way we're treating Jeezy for not responding to Gucci Manes whack disses. i.e. saying that he has no backbone or whatever. Legend or not, someone steps to you, you have to defend yourself. :yeshrug:

I didn't know about the Nas bit though...Soulja just said that out of the blue? :why:
Around the time time Hip Hop is dead dropped, Nas was talking about how it died and shyt. SOulja boy took offense and said something like "When you think about it, nas is the one who killed hip hop cuz if he never put out the album, no one would say its dead"

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Although I have the ultimate respect for Ice T's contributions to the culture..Skill wise he is no better than SB..

And a 50 year old going at a teenagers neck is never a good look...(gotta pause that)

Balan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ice T sonned Soulja Boy? :wtf:

It was the other way around

At the start SB is just shytting on Ice T, watch from 4:22. SB schooled Ice T like he was a kid. Sh1t was comical.

And this isnt about me liking SB's music because I dont but it just is what it is. Ice T just came across looking like a hater

Last edited by a moderator:

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
Although I have the ultimate respect for Ice T's contributions to the culture..Skill wise he is no better than SB..

How can it be possible for someone to make contributions to Hip Hop for which "ultimate respect" is deserved, yet have no more skill than Soulja Boy?

Something's not adding up here :skip:

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
How can it be possible for someone to make contributions to Hip Hop for which "ultimate respect" is deserved, yet have no more skill than Soulja Boy?

Something's not adding up here :skip:

Because with T it was bigger than just skill...Bow Wow technically has more "skill" than Too Short but who do most people respect more?

Ice T had better content and more socially relevant lyrics than SB..Plus when you add his work as an actor and film maker (as recent as The Art of Rap) you have to respect what he's been able to accomplish and is still doing...

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
Because with T it was bigger than just skill...Bow Wow technically has more "skill" than Too Short but who do most people respect more?

Ice T had better content and more socially relevant lyrics than SB..Plus when you add his work as an actor and film maker (as recent as The Art of Rap) you have to respect what he's been able to accomplish and is still doing...

No he doesn't. Maybe his ghostwriters do. though. :lolbron:

I get what you're saying, but....even though Ice-T's rhymes are a bit elementary, SB is trash on the mic, at a level which has never been seen before. :ohlawd:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
I think T was way outa line going at SB the way he did... Now if he woulda just said "I think SB music is garbage" and left at that, it would be one thing, but trying to put the blame on SB for kiling hip hop and telling him to go eat a dikk was taking it a bit too far..

SB responded probably exactly how I would have..

If anything Ice T shoulda went at all the Soulja Boy copycats

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ice-T was the one who got sonned...so much so it was parodied on the boondocks...y'all musta forgot.

Oh yeah Ice-T came off as a bitter hater.