Let's properly discuss cross-play and who it benefits

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
As I grow older, I look around and I notice that more and more people are not even thinking anymore. It's "I'll repeat what this guy said because he says things I want to be true"

That is pretty much what goes on in this section and I hope shedding light on that will help you snap out of your fanboyism :francis:

So in the matter of to cross play or not to cross play, it is repeated at nauseam that this would NOT benefit the console leader. Then about 80% of the time some other non thinking a$$hole will say "Microsoft didn't do it last gen :sadbron:" but tell me Sony stans..when do you guys say Microsoft did the right thing? You surely wasn't saying that last gen when they decided not to. Now ask yourselves, was that decision why they won last gen? Is Sony leading this gen because of this policy? I thought it was the single player exclusives and 100 more "p" in launch titles?

So the question becomes why would you say this is anything but bad business? How so you might ask? Well you same fakkits love to mention how cross play with PC is great (and they have mice n keyboards :gucci:) but against other controllers? Why that would bring PlayStation sales to a grinding halt right?
:stop:

If YOU truly believe the PlayStation is the better platform then this makes it one less reason to get an Xbox because now you don't need one to play the same games vs friends on other systems. I mean, according to you guys there are no worthy exclusives on Xbox :hula: so can we now all agree that I have like all the points. This like Kobe in Toronto 360 degree basketball dunking chicken wing eating points nikka. I'm Chris Paul in the paint, puttin the body on ya as I spin :mj: to the win!

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
As I grow older, I look around and I notice that more and more people are not even thinking anymore. It's "I'll repeat what this guy said because he says things I want to be true"

That is pretty much what goes on in this section and I hope shedding light on that will help you snap out of your fanboyism :francis:

So in the matter of to cross play or not to cross play, it is repeated at nauseam that this would NOT benefit the console leader. Then about 80% of the time some other non thinking a$$hole will say "Microsoft didn't do it last gen :sadbron:" but tell me Sony stans..when do you guys say Microsoft did the right thing? You surely wasn't saying that last gen when they decided not to. Now ask yourselves, was that decision why they won last gen? Is Sony leading this gen because of this policy? I thought it was the single player exclusives and 100 more "p" in launch titles?

So the question becomes why would you say this is anything but bad business? How so you might ask? Well you same fakkits love to mention how cross play with PC is great (and they have mice n keyboards :gucci:) but against other controllers? Why that would bring PlayStation sales to a grinding halt right?
:stop:

If YOU truly believe the PlayStation is the better platform then this makes it one less reason to get an Xbox because now you don't need one to play the same games vs friends on other systems. I mean, according to you guys there are no worthy exclusives on Xbox :hula: so can we now all agree that I have like all the points. This like Kobe in Toronto 360 degree basketball dunking chicken wing eating points nikka. I'm Chris Paul in the paint, puttin the body on ya as I spin :mj: to the win!
:mjlol:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
So in the matter of to cross play or not to cross play, it is repeated at nauseam that this would NOT benefit the console leader.
Correct. And there's nothing else to discuss. Nintendo and MS would (and have) done the same thing in the #1 spot. It's a business.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Correct. And there's nothing else to discuss. Nintendo and MS would (and have) done the same thing in the #1 spot. It's a business.
And this accepted logic is why everyone isn't a millionaire, everybody can't excel na mean. Now restrain the impulse for a second while I break it down. What actual logic did you apply to this question other than "well Microsoft didn't do it :sadbron:"

I hear you, but the question isn't what did Microsoft do last gen when in a similar position, it's who would benefit from this, you have failed to even attempt to put an iota of your own thought into it. This is essentially what the problem is with the internet, people have stopped thinking :snoop:

If cross-play was enabled on all games, why would Xbox sales increase and not Sony's? I've noticed that to engage with people to think, the responses are often hate fueled so I'm prepared for that if you are incapable of answering the question :manny:

The shade in this post is aimed at who it applies to, not necessarily trackmeet Mikey :steviej:

Last edited:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I can understand sony stans not caring about crossplay for games like Rocket League, Fortnite, and minecraft. although those games are extremely popular, they probably would rather have crossplay for a game like DBFZ or MHW. What I don't understand is Sony thinking their entire 78 mill userbase is playing these games. And why they wouldn't feel people have friends on other consoles.