Let's be reality, "Real Rap" is pure and utter bullshyt

Don Dada F Poppa

Benchwarmer
Daps
Reppin
MD
The definition of "real rap" and the music that comes out based on that definition is bullshyt. I love some Boom Bap with some amazing lyrical ability as much as the next rap fan, but that shyt is dated.

When you got nikkas that really can't RAP that well, but still putting out betting sounding, more cohesive MUSIC than those "real rappers," then a change of definition is necessary.

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
Music is subjective.. :yeshrug:

Nina Simone is the best artist ever!!!!!!

Intill I listen to someone else..

Scotch Hall

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#TSC and surgical shoes
What I hate is just the fans that claim to listen "real rap" , n1ggas got attitudes its like you just a fan b. it's a business bruh. Most of them cats don't buy they albums too :smh:

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I hate when nikkaz think they better then you because they listen to "real hip hop".

Or if I don't think J Dilla is the GOAT producer and his music didn't change my life something wrong with me.:stopitslime:

Daps
Only reason "real rap" is dated is because the radio only plays whats heavily promoted, which takes the control out of the ears of the people and into the hands of those w/ influence. I don't like the elitist attitude of "real rap" fans though... If it's impossible to like anything mainstream simply because it's mainstream then you're not really a fan.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah, hate that expression real hip hop/real rap. elitist corniness.

some music is more social commentary, some is more about feelings and some is about having fun and so on.

how "real" a song is to me depends on if it comes from the heart and doesn't sound contrived. i'd rather hear a real song about the strip club than a fake song about social issues.