Let's be real Microsoft is Trash at Naming there consoles.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seriously why the fukk these nikka just not call this the Xbox 4 or X4 and call it a day. I feel like it would probably sell alot more consoles if the names were just simple like that. Xbox series x and Xbox one x alot of people going to be like wtf is the difference.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
remember back in the day people rumored the next xbox to be called Xbox 720:mjlol::mjlol: i actually thought that would be a better name than Xbox one:yeshrug::yeshrug:

Me too. Soon as the dropped the Xbox one I was like hold up are these nikkaz rebooting the console? Even Scorpio or Anaconda (pause) were better names tbh.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
This is why people was going out to buy different systems because they have no defining names to set their systems apart!!! :mindblown:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
They have this problem across the board.

• Windows RT - Version of Windows for mobile device that only allows apps to be installed from Windows Store. Rebranded to Windows S.
  • Creators Update, Anniversary Update, Fall Creators Update - Three of the quarterly update names for Windows 10.
  • Games for Windows Live - When they launched an XBOX Live type service for Windows. Is it games for ‘Windows live” or is it games for Windows, live.
They’ve been giving their products stupid names for decades now. I remember when Don Mattrick’s dumb ass said XBOX is not a console, it’s Microsoft’s entertainment division so then they rebranded:

• Microsoft Music on Windows to XBOX Music
  • Microsoft Video on Windows to XBOX Video

:snoop:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Xbox One was called that because it was gonna be the "all-in-one" entertainment device. 2 or 3 years from now people will be used to the Series format and when they next-next gen hits they'll probably be XSX2 and XSS2.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The Larrybox Series Flab really could benefit from a new, more memorable name for their latest console.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
MSFT is up there with Apple in confusing naming schemes :mjlol:

You tell someone who's not really computer savvy to put either Apple or MSFT's OS's in order and some will have to search that.

Apple naming they shyt after random ass animals and shyt.

"OSX Mountain Lion"

"OSX Snow Leopard"

"OSX Yosemite"

:mjlol:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

You tell someone who's not really computer savvy to put either Apple or MSFT's OS's in order and some will have to search that.

"OSX Mountain Lion"

"OSX Snow Leopard"

"OSX Yosemite"

I think this is a bad comparison. Those are code names for the same basic underlying OS- OSX. The code names are pretty memorable and easily distinguishable from each other, similar to how Intel names their processor generations.
The Xbox naming scheme is dumb because it doesnt strongly differentiate one release from the next at first glance.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think this is a bad comparison. Those are code names for the same basic underlying OS- OSX. The code names are pretty memorable and easily distinguishable from each other, similar to how Intel names their processor generations.
The Xbox naming scheme is dumb because it doesnt strongly differentiate one release from the next at first glance.
If you're not on that platform you would have to check which one is the latest if you're not up to date. With the OSX name or even Intel, I never really know which one is the latest unless I check it. I know it's not a "different" OS but you get what I mean.

Like, If someone had Windows 7 on their computer and you tell them they should upgrade to 10, even the most dumbest customer would know 10 is logically higher. You tell someone they should update to Yosemite or later from Snow Lion, I can't imagine someone being able to understand the naming convention there.

Edit:I forgot there's still numbers in OSX's updates so that comparison doesn't apply. Intel would be a better example if we were strictly comparing architecture names but even there there's a number attached that rises.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC

"OSX Mountain Lion"

"OSX Snow Leopard"

"OSX Yosemite"

Yeah but at least each MacOS version has a version number:

OS 10.6 Snow Leopard
OS 10.8 Mountain Lion
OS 10.10 Yosemite

There is nothing to show you the order between One X and Series X.