Left arm/shoulder weaker...

DSGB

Pro
Daps
My left arm/shoulder is way weaker than my right. This is my first time getting back on the weights, but 3 weeks in and it has still not gotten better...

Any way to level this out? It's weird and I've never had this issue before.

DSGB

Pro
Daps
How much weaker? Which lifts? Obvious way to fix it is to do all unilateral work... either with dumbbells, Hammer Strength machines or doing everything with 1 hand
Which lifts? Bench, curls, presses, pull down. Basically everything that uses shoulder, forearms, etc. I have to do a few more lifts to see if I can exclude bicep/tricep.

I started on the those type of machines/workouts today, but wanted to ensure I wasn't missing something super obvious.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Do all your bi, tris, and shoulder lifts with dumbbells for a few months and itll even out. I had the same problem as well when i started lifting in high school. Turned out lifting with barbells was not good for me because my right arm was doing most the work

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Each Dumbell Exercise you do for the shoulder after the complete set, do one more set with your weak arm, same thing when you use the machine

And after your delt workout, go to the Dumbells and start doing 4/5 sets of One arm Dumbell overhead presses, with moderate weights

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Imbalances Happen. Got to use DBs and maybe even consider doing extra reps with your weak link...

I noticed I overcompensate on my right side since I’m right handed so I started doing more work with my left things as simple as using my left arm to load and deload weight from the bar doing farmers carry’s more often.

For my shoulders I hit them more often now but I make sure that I concentrate on muscle memory each rep.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Do all your bi, tris, and shoulder lifts with dumbbells for a few months and itll even out. I had the same problem as well when i started lifting in high school. Turned out lifting with barbells was not good for me because my right arm was doing most the work
:dame: